Buy and More buttons?

OK so I'm customizing my first CC install, and I just realized that the Buy and More buttons in the category pages don't work as I expected. They both seem to do the same thing (load the product information page), when what I was expecting was that the Buy button would automatically add one to your shopping cart. Am I missing something, or is this an intentional redundancy, or...?

Guest woodbtreasures

OK so I'm customizing my first CC install, and I just realized that the Buy and More buttons in the category pages don't work as I expected. They both seem to do the same thing (load the product information page), when what I was expecting was that the Buy button would automatically add one to your shopping cart. Am I missing something, or is this an intentional redundancy, or...?

What you may not realize is that if you hit they buy button it does add one to the cart, but you are not redirected to the cart in it's stock form.

See estelles site here for a free redirect script

Hope this helps :w00t:

Jeremy, actually, he is probably right.

If the buy and more button behave the same, i.e., both take you to the product detail page, it is because you have enabled some options for that particular product.

Products that do not have options assigned to them are added to the cart when you use the buy button.

If this is not the case (if you do not have options for the product that does this) then it is a bug. If the product has options, this is correct behavior for the cart.

Edited by markscarts

Jeremy, actually, he is probably right.

If the buy and more button behave the same, i.e., both take you to the product detail page, it is because you have enabled some options for that particular product.

Products that do not have options assigned to them are added to he cart when you use the buy button.

If this is not the case (if you do not have options for the product that does this) then it is a bug. If the product has options, this is correct behavior for the cart.

Aha! Of course. That explains it.

I don't think I want a Buy button on these pages for this site anyway, but I hate not understanding what's going on.

Thanks for the clarification, mc.

Edited by ZAP