box title gif inconsistent display

jerseyjoe

Please look at

http://www.keepsakeribbonstore.com/store/index.php

Compare how the box title gifs are displaying and note that the one at the bottom (language) is displaying ragged.

Please ignore the graphic itself - I'm learning how to use Photoshop to create a gif that looks like a ribbon - it's an interesting problem to achieve that within the narrow parameters of 160 by 16 px. I probably will expand it to something like 20. But before I do, I want to findout why it's not displaying consitently.

Ideas anyone?

You seem to have it workin now...
Actually, it's still showing. I'm looking at it in FireFox.

I just looked at it in IE and arrrrrggggghhh!

Yes, that graphic displays properly in IE - which is what you probably saw - but then mail contents box has jumped down. I'm guessing that I've made it too wide. Whaddya think? A few px fewer should fix that?

Hmmm - or maybe it's the editing I did to the little graphic inside the Mailing List box.

I guess I should fix that first by reducing the font size and then see if the center box goes back where it belongs before I do anything else.

I do hate IE. Hate it.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck with the Language box graphic issue when seen in FF.

Guest groovejuice

I think the reason you think the bottom graphic looks more ragged is because of the background colour in that box. It is grey, while the others are white, which hides the jagged edges as they blend in.

I think the reason you think the bottom graphic looks more ragged is because of the background colour in that box. It is grey, while the others are white, which hides the jagged edges as they blend in.

Yes, that's the problem. The lower one being against a darker background is exposing the fact the the graphic has a jagged top edge. I'll have to rework the grahic to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help