see through color

Guest dagsky

Hi i want to make my own skin and need some help but most of all i need to know if its easy or not as i ain't to hyped up with editing things!! Basically i want my skin to look like this http://cc3.biz/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=8 notice how the boxes are see through and you can see the trees throgh the boxes. Well this is what i'd like to do with mine. Unfortunately mark won't be able to do it for me as his busy for bout 2 weeks! I've given it a go my self and the sort of right idea is there IF i could get the boxes see through!! Any suggestions comments?? www.tvhitshows.co.uk

Basically i want my skin to look like this http://cc3.biz/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=8 notice how the boxes are see through and you can see the trees throgh the boxes.
I'm looking at that link but don't see anything that looks like what you describe. It's a page for a skin that is bascially black with very little color in it in.

Where are the "boxes" you are talking about? Are you using the word "boxes" the way we normally use it around here - as a graphic element containing links? That linked page has its boxes (some people call them "blocks") running down the left side with a tan background - and nothing visible behind them.

Give us more info and let's see if we can help you . . .

Hi Joe, I believe he was referring to the product picture of the Dark Gray Forest skin on that page ;)

dagsky, background for boxes is set in .boxContentRight, .boxContentLeft in layout.css

remove any background statements, browser default is transparent - or, change color statements for background to background-color: transparent;

Here it is Joe [see attachment]

Note: This is just a static image, in the actual skin, the background is stationary and doesn't scroll with the content of the store. It is based on the deep blue urban skin I developed for my glassware store (click on my signature to see the store in progress). ;)

mark you're a star!! I'll trey and give it a go and hopefully i'll get it to work!! If not i guess i'll just have to be patient and wait for you to sort it for me......