Custom template tags?

Guest jeremed

Which ones do you want to make and why?

These are assigned in the php files. See index.php, where tags for the boxes/xx.inc.php and content/xx.inc.php are assigned. Then you will find that xx.inc.php assigns output to a particluar skin template, and terms within those templates that are represented by {...} are assigned within that php file.

You may or may not need to write php or assign values in the store core files in order to accomplish your purpose, though, if you'd like to post about the purpose.

Guest jeremed

Which ones do you want to make and why?

These are assigned in the php files. See index.php, where tags for the boxes/xx.inc.php and content/xx.inc.php are assigned. Then you will find that xx.inc.php assigns output to a particluar skin template, and terms within those templates that are represented by {...} are assigned within that php file.

You may or may not need to write php or assign values in the store core files in order to accomplish your purpose, though, if you'd like to post about the purpose.

What I have done thus far is to convert the base template set to tables. I know, I know.... ;-) But, tables are 100 times easier to work with than an all CSS layout.

I want to add in some tags that I can replace with simple values like {cellpadding} and {cellspacing}. I would even make some for more complex functions such as adding a new row to a table.

Being able to use more of these placeholder tags would allow me to create skins much more quickly.

Guest jeremed

;) Well, I've given you the answer on {...} :(

Thank you.

I have a related question and an unrelated one also. You seem to be the one who might know the answers.

Would it be possible to define custom tags that would work on any page? Instead of having to set up the cellpadding reference in each php page, is there a way that I could set it up in just one page?

The other question is how I could go about making the template engine process the template files with an htm or html extension as opposed to a tpl extension? I'm assuming it would involved replacing the tpl designation somewhere, but I am not sure where.

Would it be possible to define custom tags that would work on any page? Instead of having to set up the cellpadding reference in each php page, is there a way that I could set it up in just one page?

Use CSS, or global PHP variables ;)

The other question is how I could go about making the template engine process the template files with an htm or html extension as opposed to a tpl extension? I'm assuming it would involved replacing the tpl designation somewhere, but I am not sure where.

Template system is a great for permament repeating matters. Templates are HTML pages. Differences are a template marks - template parser must know what have to do. TPL extension is there to know yes this is a HTML template and must be parsed by template parser. You can add entire HTML content to a template. Its recomended do not 'make' any mixture extension.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bababooey

What I have done thus far is to convert the base template set to tables. I know, I know.... ;-) But, tables are 100 times easier to work with than an all CSS layout.

You're out of your mind. The whole reason I'm going with Cubecart over other carts is because it has less...almost ZERO...tables which is a godsend for web developers. You might have gone a little easier on yourself starting with one of those other carts that are loaded with bloated code. Do you mind if I quote you on my personal site?