options.php

After trying for hours to add the options to my products i am starting to seriously consider smashing my server/pc/dog up.

I think it's a terrible system anyway, & after getting up to 300 pages, the damn file won't load, it hangs & i get a "page can not be displayed" error in ie, & firefox treats options.php as a downloadable file.

I've repaired & optimized the options table to no avail.

So have i found out the options limit or have i broken it?

After trying for hours to add the options to my products i am starting to seriously consider smashing my server/pc/dog up.

I think it's a terrible system anyway, & after getting up to 300 pages, the damn file won't load, it hangs & i get a "page can not be displayed" error in ie, & firefox treats options.php as a downloadable file.

I've repaired & optimized the options table to no avail.

So have i found out the options limit or have i broken it?

Micky,

Don't you have a local cat to smash up??

;)

If firefox is treating options.php as a downloadable file, it sounds like a server problem.. Apart from the options.php file, can you navigate the store/admin area? If you're using Fasterfox, have you reset the cache?

Also, what version of are you running - the current is 3.0.8 Have you changed anything on your store (installed mods/edited any files by hand)

Doe you mean you've got 300 products, or 300 different options?

I'm sorry I can't help much, but it will be easier to help with more info.

Jason

I have 300 pages of options, which is another problem with the options system, i made a mistake adding an option & it took me half an hour to locate it in the list to delete it. I am running 3.0.6 with sir wills fix applied.

I can navigate the whole admin section fine, its just the options.

As for your question regarding the cat, he left me when I had my v2 site hacked last year, still has my shoe attached to him if i remember rightly ;)

Oh & i have a few mods, but nothing which would affect the options as far as im aware.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shopsarc

I feel your pain!!! I'm up to 1,200 items and over 5,000 option pages. It takes twice as long to copy options from other products as it does to add the products themselves! I'm doing a site for an auto company that requires multiple options for their leather seating, and each option can have up to 80 different choices! So each is tacking on an additional 4 or more pages. I'm praying for some relief!!!

I have 300 pages of options, which is another problem with the options system, i made a mistake adding an option & it took me half an hour to locate it in the list to delete it. I am running 3.0.6 with sir wills fix applied.

I can navigate the whole admin section fine, its just the options.

As for your question regarding the cat, he left me when I had my v2 site hacked last year, still has my shoe attached to him if i remember rightly :whistle:

Oh & i have a few mods, but nothing which would affect the options as far as im aware.

This is really winding me up now, it takes around 4 minutes to load the options page (if it decides it wants to) & whilst its loading it makes the whole site hang so im probably losing lots of customers!

Probably revert back to v2, this is too much

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shopsarc

This is really winding me up now, it takes around 4 minutes to load the options page (if it decides it wants to) & whilst its loading it makes the whole site hang so im probably losing lots of customers!

Probably revert back to v2, this is too much

It just gets worse. I'm now at 6,400 pages of options and I'm only half done loading inventory. Is there any hope or am I wasting my time here???