Paypal or other?

Guest canda

Anyone got Paypal fully working so far?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi everyone,

Just want to see if anyone sucessfully dealing with Paypal? or using other way instead (e.g. paymate,ccnow)?

I've got PayPal IPN working fine here. The shipping value is displayed correctly (separate from the product value), which I *think* was a PayPal "bug" a month or so ago.

I also show my store logo on the payment screen (Paypal customer payment screen), which helps customer confidence (some people get confused when a store suddenly jumps to a different site).

I've taken quite a few real orders and things are currently running smoothly...

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just want to see if anyone sucessfully dealing with Paypal? or using other way instead (e.g. paymate,ccnow)?

I've got PayPal IPN working fine here. The shipping value is displayed correctly (separate from the product value), which I *think* was a PayPal "bug" a month or so ago.

I also show my store logo on the payment screen (Paypal customer payment screen), which helps customer confidence (some people get confused when a store suddenly jumps to a different site).

Jason

Does PayPal IPN work 'out of the box', or have you made any mods to get it to work properly?

Hi everyone,

Jason

Does PayPal IPN work 'out of the box', or have you made any mods to get it to work properly?

I've just set up another store and from a Fantastico install, it didn't work correctly.

PayPal was redirecting to the http://mydomain.com rather than http://www.mydomain.com

This was quickly fixed by editing global.inc.php and changing storeURL to point to the correct address, in this case:

$glob['storeURL' ] = 'http://www.inspectourgadgets.co.uk' ;

I also added a few other bits and pieces to transfer.inc.php, here is a copy the important bit (the bold bits are comments and should be removed):

$hiddenVars = "<input type='hidden' name='cmd' value='_xclick' />

<input type='hidden' name='page_style' value='inspect'> [b]MY CUSTOM PAYMENT PAGE[/b]

<input type='hidden' name='no_shipping' value='1'> [b]DO NOT REQUIRE SHIPPING ADDRESS[/b]

<input type='hidden' name='business' value='".$module['email']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='item_name' value='Cart Order No: ".$cart_order_id."' />

<input type='hidden' name='item_number' value='".$cart_order_id."' />

<input type='hidden' name='amount' value='".$amount."' />

<input type='hidden' name='shipping' value='".$basket['shipCost']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='invoice' value='".$cart_order_id."' />

<input type='hidden' name='first_name' value='".$ccUserData[0]['firstName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='last_name' value='".$ccUserData[0]['lastName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='currency_code' value='".$config['defaultCurrency']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='address1' value='".$ccUserData[0]['add_1']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='address2' value='".$ccUserData[0]['add_2']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='city' value='".$ccUserData[0]['town']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='state' value='".$ccUserData[0]['county']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='zip' value='".$ccUserData[0]['postcode']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='day_phone_a' value='".$ccUserData[0]['phone']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='add' value='1' />

<input type='hidden' name='rm' value='2' />

<input type='hidden' name='no_note' value='1' />

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url' value='http://www.inspectourgadgets.co.uk/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php'/> [b]NOT SURE WHY I CHANGED THIS..[/b]		

<input type='hidden' name='return' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/confirmed.php?act=conf&oid=".base64_encode($cart_order_id)."' />

<input type='hidden' name='cancel_return' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/confirmed.php?act=conf&f=1&oid=".base64_encode($cart_order_id)."' />								

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' />";

return $hiddenVars;

Then, in my www.paypal.co.uk account I ticked the following boxes:

Profile->Website Payment Preferences:

Auto Return = ON

Return URL = url shown on the CC PayPal Setup screen (probably http://www.domain.com/confirmed.php)

(this value is overwritten by the above code, but PayPal needs a valid URL to start with)

Payment Data Transfer = ON

PayPal Account Optional = ON

Leave everything else alone :-)

You should edit or remove the "page_style" listed above. I mentioned custom payment pages on the post your replied to.

Thats it :-)

If you need help, post back. I've not done a "proper" install using the install script for a while, so I don't know if that is "broken" like the Fantastico installation.

You would still be able to take payments, but when the customer was returned to the store, they would be directed to the wrong address (no www) - which messes things up, and they get the "you must log in" message.

I use the same PayPal account for 3 stores, 2 are CC, the other is PD Shop Pro (and ASP based cart). Apart from the payment address and company name, they all have different page styles and all work fine with IPN.

I hope this helps,

Jason

• 3 weeks later...