Cubecart Distribution Query

Guest valueweb

Guest valueweb

Can someone give me a definitive answer on this.

I am a web developer. Many of my customers require e-commerce solutions. I would like to provide licenced versions of cubecart as backend solutions on some of my customers' sites.

Because I provide a turnkey service, providing domain, design, hosting, etc., I would want to buy the cubecart licence, make some cosmetic changes and do the installation for the customer. the product would not be rebranded (as such) but would have some of the allowable copyright bits removed.

Would this be transgressing the licence agreement?

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

I personally do not see a problem with this - in fact this is what our company do. We provide an e-commerce solution for customers, we purchase the license key, install, setup & configure. They pay us for the 'Value Added Service' off all the above, and the license gets paid.

The main clause in the T&C's is that the software package cannot be re-distributed, in effect meaning it must either be downloaded from cubecart.com or installed through Fantastico.

However, I would suggest raising a ticket at the Helpdesk under the 'Sales' department for absolutely clarity. Please link to this thread, so that the answer can be placed on here for anybody else who searches for this query.

Many Thanks.

Valueweb, if you haven't already, you should read THIS TOPIC by Alistair Brookbank, the CubeCartâ„¢ developer.

I cannot give an official answer, but I know that you would not be allowed to make multiple insytallations on one license - if you wish the copyright removed, you will need to license each copy. As to distribution, it is plain that the software is not to be distributed from anywhere but the official site. As a web professional, I believe that you may install the software for your clients, but you would not be allowed to distribute the software as a download.

Again, I can not speak officially for CubeCartâ„¢ and I believe that the only person in these forums who can definitivelt answer your questions is Brooky. You will get better information by contacting him with a sales question IMO.

Edit+++++++

@ EverythingWeb, sorry, I was evidently writing as you posted. Basically said the same thing :blink: