SOLVED unable to install images in Site Docs

jerseyjoe

This one had me crazy. I had no problem installing images in catagories and prodicts - but could not install images onto a Homepage - or even edit the images on the Homepage for a site like www.vikolya.com where I previously had done so with the usual ease. Other Site Docs showed the same problem.

My first instinct was to blame the recent upgrade to CC 3.08. Then I got a clue. I discovered I was having the exact same problem installing an image in a WordPress blog that also uses the same FCKeditor on another domain on the same server. That said that the problem was not limited to CC and therefore the cause and solution were not there either. My suspicion turned to the server. But I could not find any cause.

I was about to post the issue in an FCKeditor support forum. But first, I needed a nap.

A few hours ago I awoke from that nap with the answer fully realized. The problem is the browser. I recently upgraded from Firefox 1.0 to 1.5. The problem began since then.

As soon as I opened a CC store in MSIE I had only a momentary delay in editing images on the CC Homepage. And then I had the same success with the blog. Problem solved.

I have not fully explored that momentary problem - but it may hold a further clue as to what is going on - and I may even be able to use FF after all.

When I used MSI on the first try, I got a message at the top of the browser asking if I wanted to unblock popups from this site. Until I did, the image insertion did not work. As soon as I did, the image editor worked. I'm going to go back to Firefox and see if turning off the popup blocker enables image editing of the Homepage.

Apparently, the dialog box for the Site Docs image editor is a popup. Why it is diffferent from the popup in the product or category editor is an interesting question.

But at least I now can edit images in any Site Doc.

Well done, BTW MSIE means ?? IE = Internet Explorer, correct?

Some of us would ask this :on2long:

Yes, it means Microsoft Internet Explorer. There are many times I call it something more colorful, also involving only four letters, but I would bet that the forum "bad word" filter would change it to something like snow or snot or sh . .