Do I need a website building software to change the look of my Cubecar

Guest underworldfence

Guest underworldfence

TOPIC:Do I need a website building software to change the look of my Cubecart website

I just finished installing cubecart and would like to personalise it to change the whole view of my website,do i need to edit my pages using a website design program (like dreamweaver)?

I thought cubecart offers options of changing everything without the need of a website building software!!

please help

Welcome to the forum.

CubeCartâ„¢ is an easily customizable shopping cart - but in order to customize it, you must be willing to edit code in some files. If you don't know any HTML, then you should really begin to learn a little. CubeCartâ„¢ is built with PHP/MySQL and uses XHTML and CSS to arrive at the design, the final look of your site. WYSIWYG programs like dreamweaver go only so far in helping to customize a CubeCartâ„¢ site - some little knowledge of HTML and CSS is highly recommneded.

Guest EverythingWeb

Moderator Note: I have removed your other two topics which were an exact copy of this post. This one which had attracted replies remains in the forum.

Thanks.

TOPIC:Do I need a website building software to change the look of my Cubecart website

I just finished installing cubecart and would like to personalise it to change the whole view of my website,do i need to edit my pages using a website design program (like dreamweaver)?

I thought cubecart offers options of changing everything without the need of a website building software!!

please help

I don't know that anywhere is it claimed you can change everything "without the need of a website building software!!." But even it if does, definitions, a bit of good sense need to apply.

CC is a PHP / MySQL based production. That does not exclude HTML and other file types such as CSS, JS, JPGs and GIF, etc. as elements withn PHP pages. So you have to learn a little about each of those too.

I disagree regarding Dreamweaver. If I can ask that the potential flame war be put on hold, DW has a steep learning curve. If you must have a WYSWIG editor there's FrontPage -with its faults - or a few of its free clones.

But as a free, open source, basic tool for editing CC files such as CCS, JS, PHP and the various templates, you'll go far before you find one as good as PHP Designer (WWW.MPSOFTWARE.ORG). It's worth the effort to learn.

Joe

Well if you have already learned DW, you may as well stay with it. But if you want to try an open source HTML WYSWIG editor, take a look at HTML-KIT (http://www.chami.com/html-kit/). Neat app and the home page is packed with good information and links to valuable resources.