Latest products inside homepage HTML

As the title says, I am trying to include products inside the html of my homepage.

I thought i could achieve it by simply including the latest products code, but alas it doesn't work.

The only way i can get it to work is by publishing the latest products as usual & then copying & pasting the source code into my html.

Looks ok, but obviously doesn't update

link below

http://www.a1mx.co.uk

Any ideas how this can be done properly?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Guest chas5427

am also looking for the same thing. homepage = index.html in root directory, cube cart in /zcart. want latest products rotating into a table cell in index.html - thumbnail and product name with link.

found this post that appears to accomplish that task, but alas, no source code . . .

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....topic=14180&hl=

appreciate any help!

chas2457, the post to which you link is speaking of "Featured Product" rather than "Latest Products." As you may know, the featured product is actually a random product.

Fortunately, you can have a random product together with its image, name, price, sale prices, etc. etc. on any web page with this script: http://www.cubecart.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=245

Guest chas5427

thank you for the feedback . . . nice banner. after checking it out, am not sure if it would work in my situation - have a predefined space on the homepage that is only going to accomodate a thumbnail with product name below. not picky as to whether it is a featured item or latest - - - just want to place a visual "hook" on the home page. perhaps if you could take a look? http://www.trendzetcetera.com

i want to place the image(linked product name underneath) in the space under "product showcase"

if the banner would not work and i cannot find a solution in the forum, i would be interested in having a mod created. is that something you would be interested in doing?

thanks for your help! chas

First off, it is a BEAUTIFUL web page. The young lady definitely makes it great, but the other design elements are very cool as well!

Second, yes, the banner script is extremely flexible and can be made to produce a background image in the color of your choice, with product pic appearing top and product name underneath.

At present, the link for the banner would have to be static - not going directly to the product featured - but this functionality is scheduled for the next version. With random creation of the images server-side, those types of links are a little problematic at present, and so that functionality was left out of the first version of our script.

Guest chas5427

thanks for the feedback on the page! (will pass that on to my clients *s*)

will download the banner and give it a try. any thoughts on how long it will be until the next version makes its appearance?

was just taking a look at your site - nice selection of useful mods . . . am also looking for a mod that would set max image/thumbnail height in addition to width from the admin panel (didn't see anything from a quick look or searching the forums). got anything like that in the works?

what part of tx are you in? am in the process of getting ready to move to austin.

thanks again!

First off, it is a BEAUTIFUL web page. The young lady definitely makes it great, but the other design elements are very cool as well!

Second, yes, the banner script is extremely flexible and can be made to produce a background image in the color of your choice, with product pic appearing top and product name underneath.

At present, the link for the banner would have to be static - not going directly to the product featured - but this functionality is scheduled for the next version. With random creation of the images server-side, those types of links are a little problematic at present, and so that functionality was left out of the first version of our script.

chas - Charles?

The banner isn't simply downloaded, it is the one product we sell that has to be manually produced because it is keyed to your URL. After ordering, you will have to wait for the banner to be set up and emailed to you.

I will contact you out of the forum to discuss it more.

I am in Johnson County, south of Fort Worth.