How *custom* can you get?

I've spent a few hours reading posts and looking at live sites. Some good stuff out there (I've made a list of where to shop on payday).

I am considering using CC for a cart for a client... which leaves me with 2 questions.

The first is not skin/template related (but my skin/template question is the bigger of the two): Is Paymentech supported as a gateway?

#2 - How custom can you really get with CC? I know it's called Cube Cart for a reason (all the cubes are, well, cubes), but how much control does one really have? Just about every store I look at looks exactly the same... and I just don't want to spend the money or time installing a cart only to find it's not flexible enough to work with my design. I want a consistent flow on the site, so this is a must.

If there are any CC designers out there who want to see my layout jpg and give their opinion, you can drop me an email at averagejane -at- gmail.com.

If CC is really flexible enough to meet my design needs - is there anyone out there who can recommend someone to help skin based on my .psd?

Thanks in advance!

Guest aikdo

if you want to see how much you can break away from the default style take a look at my webdesign store at http://www.cezz.co.uk/Store.html you can fit the store into ANY design that you want, how well it will look in that design well depends on the design itself and your skill as a designer...

another example for you would be the incompleate http://www.mentor-tech.co.uk/store/

Hope this makes you realise just a small minority of what you can do with V3...

Guest loren antolik

i chose cubecart because of it's flexibility graphically. i am working on a site now and will post the finished product in a few weeks, but it will look nothing like how cube cart comes. it's just a matter of getting into the templates directory and tweaking the tpl files and style sheets. i would agree that most people that are customizing their sites arent' truly customizing but rather just tweaking out a couple of things. my site will be the bomb and everyone that sees it will worship my customization. people will herald me as the next king of customization. details to come ....

my site will be the bomb and everyone that sees it will worship my customization. people will herald me as the next king of customization. details to come ....

Heh, if you don't say so yourself.

I guess, what I'm looking for are carts/stores that customize the actual store "cubes" - with a custom header image (can that be done, calling image headers for the cubes?), custom look, shape (of course cut fairly for design, etc).

I just don't see it :)

I want to - I just don't?

You will be limited only by your skill and the amount of time you wish to spend on it . . .

Can you show us a design in a different cart software that you consider so much better? You will find that with a store software, you will be restricted somewhat by the elemnets you need to include: logins, categories, product lists, product details, etc. - to include all the elements necessary to the shopping experience is the goal, and presenting them in an appealing manner is the challenge.

If you have the vision for a totally "off the hook" design, I would suggest you download CubeCartâ„¢ and begin working with it rather than looking at all the stores already out there. After all, if you find one already like the one you want, then yours won't be unique, will it?

As for me, I am no designer - I am an amateur designer - but with the technical skills to implement designs. So I would be glad to help you implement an "off the hook" design if you have one. There are others who could do the same, and the number is growing daily as CubeCartâ„¢ itself continues to enjoy exponential growth.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying really hard for the past couple days to find a great, customizable cart script and so far, CubeCart has been the easiest to implement my design onto. Here's how far I got (the site itself is not yet finished, so don't expect much from the other pages):

http://www.interlocked.net/art/

It all depends on how much time you're willing to put into it. I can definitely help skin, let me know if you need any!

Guest sparrowdog

If you're good with CSS and you can read through the code in the template files, Cube Cart can do some pretty amazing things.

I am just about ready to launch a site (www.woodysmotorcycles.com.au/index.php) and I have seemlessly integrated Cube Cart in to my own navigation. Since the client will never add their own categories, some of my links in the navigation are to ordinary HTML pages and some are to Cube Cart pages. The average viewer would have no idea.

I now purchase my licences in bulk because I use this program so often. It's incredibly flexible and there's tonnes of mods and peopel out there willing to help out, something sadly lacking from many other CMS shopping cart solutions out there.

Guest gwizard

Just look at my wifes store to see what you can do *graphicly* :blink:

It still "standart" design, ie boxes and stuff, but you'll have hard time recognizing it for CubeCart.

I think at some point someone asked me how I managed to customize ZenCart so much and was in shock when I said it's not Zen, but Cube :errm:

http://www.natalie-shop.com