Passwords for Downloadable Content?

Guest inquarta

Guest inquarta

Hi there, I just recently purchased CubeCart, and it's working out great so far. However, here's what I'm trying to do.

I'm creating an online store (or will be, once I get everything set up right) that will sell both physical and digital books. If a user buys a digital book, my boss wants them to be able to have a password emailed to them or displayed once the digital product is paid for. Is there any way to do this? I've tried looking around, but maybe I'm not using the right keywords. Thanks!

Also, I'm using CC v3.0.9.

Guest groovejuice

This pretty much how digital sales work out-of-the-box. Once payment is processing, an email with a obfuscated link is sent to the customer. He clicks on it and downloads the product. You can specify in general settings the number of times a customer can download a given product as well as stipulate the length of time he has to do so. Hope this helps.

This pretty much how digital sales work out-of-the-box. Once payment is processing, an email with a obfuscated link is sent to the customer. He clicks on it and downloads the product. You can specify in general settings the number of times a customer can download a given product as well as stipulate the length of time he has to do so. Hope this helps.

Hi Just a quick one. You could try this and see if it works!

Password protect the directory you have the files in on your server. and add the username and password details to the automatic email sent by the shop with the download link. Just an idea not sure if it will work and sorry I haven't got the time at present to try it.!

I have set up something simular on www.computertones.com basically this is for the mailing list. when someone signes up they get an email with the link,a username and password. to download their FREE sound.

Let me know if you have any joy! :)

Gary

Gary, if you follow the directions and suggestions for setting up downloads by putting them in non-web-accessible directories, that is not necessary. By doing this, your files can NOT be downloaded except through the download manager in CubeCart. ;)

:angry:

Gary, if you follow the directions and suggestions for setting up downloads by putting them in non-web-accessible directories, that is not necessary. By doing this, your files can NOT be downloaded except through the download manager in CubeCart. :)

;)

Hi

Yep your right Sir william!

Missunderstood the request above. Yes I have used the digital link way suggested by cube cart and it works very well. I have also set up a password directory for FREE stuff. Quick sign up for the email list and you get a FREE sound. so I not too worried about the security side there as I didn't want the shop to manage it!

the shop is www.computertones.com

Hope that helps!

Gary */*