Am I missing the obvious?

Guest Steve Wilson

Guest Steve Wilson

Hi,

I'm new to cubecart (as you'll soon see). In fact I'm new to shopping carts but not to xhtml or CSS.

So I thought having installed cubecart via fantastico that changing the skins would be a case of finding the xhtml file and adapting it. Only I can find any (x)html files. The PHP files are complete mystery to me and don't seem to contain the html element I'm looking for and I have to admit I have no way of knowing what the .tpl files are as my editors simply does not recognise them.

I know this is all due to my ignorance and inexperience but quite simply can someone tell me where I can find a html file to load into my editor and work with?

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

I'm new to cubecart (as you'll soon see). In fact I'm new to shopping carts but not to xhtml or CSS.

So I thought having installed cubecart via fantastico that changing the skins would be a case of finding the xhtml file and adapting it. Only I can find any (x)html files. The PHP files are complete mystery to me and don't seem to contain the html element I'm looking for and I have to admit I have no way of knowing what the .tpl files are as my editors simply does not recognise them.

I know this is all due to my ignorance and inexperience but quite simply can someone tell me where I can find a html file to load into my editor and work with?

Thanks

Steve

CC is php so you can use notepad to edit. You will not be able to see your changes until the files are uploaded to your server. Skins can be changed from one to the other in your admin control panel under general settings. There are excellent beginners tutorials at cubecart.org.

Otherwise ask specific questions and we'll try our best to answer them for you.

Guest Steve Wilson

Thanks Roban and Ansuk

I'll get over to cubecart.org.

I was hoping not to have to install cubecart Ansuk because I always seem to make a mess of installing on my server but I take the advise and will do as you suggest.

Thanks again

Steve

Hello Steve, the .tpl files are XTemplate files written in XHTML. You should add the .tpl extension under XML language in your editor program, so it will read .tpl files as xml.

If you use only wysiwyg editors, though, you may be a little disappointed in the results. It is easiest to work with CubeCartâ„¢ by manipulating the code directly - CSS and XHTML - in the css files and tpl files.

Good Luck with your cart venture! :angry: