Issues with Safari Browser

Have searched the forums to find out if anyone is having problems with the Safari browser. I'm in a PC environment, however my client is MAC.

I have modified the Legend skin (mostly with CSS) and the content boxes are not displaying properly.

I know this is probably a .org post, but I didn't know I'd need to wait 10 days to receive my newly purchased license key (made the mistake of choosing bank check over credit card).

Any insight or help would be appreciated.

Here's the site in I.E.:

http://www.specialeditiononline.com/images/store-ie.jpg

and here in Safari:

http://www.specialeditiononline.com/images/store-safari.gif

Thanks in advance for any replies/assistance.

Nice skin you're building there! :D

Have you tried the stock CC skins to see if they have issues with safari? You will find when customizing this stuff that you need to do alot of work to acheive cross-browser compatibility. I hate all browsers, especially IE, for just that reason. There is usually no really easy answer to these issues - I spend alot of time sorting them out, and usually have to charge for my time doing so.

The key is really to check each change in multiple browsers when you make the change, so that you know where it goes wrong and are able to take an approach to satisfy all thes dang browsers. This is part of the job of a designer/coder.

Not extremely helpful , I know, but its the best I can do tonight :)

Very nice skinning other than the cross-browser issues, though. :D

EDIT: btw, you needn't have a CC license to be a member or pose questions at the .org forum :)

Nice skin you're building there! :D

Have you tried the stock CC skins to see if they have issues with safari? You will find when customizing this stuff that you need to do alot of work to acheive cross-browser compatibility. I hate all browsers, especially IE, for just that reason. There is usually no really easy answer to these issues - I spend alot of time sorting them out, and usually have to charge for my time doing so.

The key is really to check each change in multiple browsers when you make the change, so that you know where it goes wrong and are able to take an approach to satisfy all thes dang browsers. This is part of the job of a designer/coder.

Not extremely helpful , I know, but its the best I can do tonight :(

Very nice skinning other than the cross-browser issues, though. :)

EDIT: btw, you needn't have a CC license to be a member or pose questions at the .org forum :D

Thanks MarksCarts.

Figured I'd just have to start from scratch and see what happens -- tried reversing the process, but that didn't work. Stupid of me to go thru the whole customization w/o checking Safari, but the stock skins were fine, so didn't even occur to me.

OH WELL, WADDAYA GONNA DO

:)

Hi Veeper,

I use Saffari to build my skins in and then at the end check them in IE when I'm done and troubleshoot. I find doing it that way is better than the other way around. Cross-browser issues are a big headache, and IE is the worst.

BTW, nice skin. :w00t:

Jen

I'm not exactly sure but I think your problem might be with this in layout.css:

.colLeft {

position: inherit;

left: 0px;

width: 160px; 

padding-left: 9px;

padding-right: 5px;

float: left;

}

change

to

position: relative;

And see if that helps.

Check out this site for more info:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_position.asp

I looked at some of your other code and that was the only thing that stood out as odd to me. Let us know if that works.

Jen

I'm not exactly sure but I think your problem might be with this in layout.css:

.colLeft {

left: 0px;

width: 160px; 

padding-left: 9px;

padding-right: 5px;

float: left;

}

change

to

position: relative;

And see if that helps.

Check out this site for more info:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_position.asp

I looked at some of your other code and that was the only thing that stood out as odd to me. Let us know if that works.

Jen

Thanks Jen, and I really appreciate your suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it, but I've started over with the Classic skin, and am testing each mod as I make them (hard to do without a MAC, but found a great site that will snapshot a page in Safari: Safari Screenshot).

Think it's time to get a MAC :huh:

thx again!]

Vana