Missing Orders

Guest southbayday

Guest southbayday

I have processed about 1200 orders though my cart over the last couple of months. The problem is that three or four times the orders just don't show up.

I know they were placed, because I have a paypal receipt for the order complete with a cart order number, but when I search for the order it does not exist. When I look at all the orders for the customer, that order does not exist.

help!

And thanks

Guest degsey69

I have had this happen to me once, the order was processed through worldpay, the order number was allocated to that payment in my account with them.

But there was no order in admin to show what was ordered.

To make things worse you do not know from the admin area that there is a missing order because the numbers are not sequential. The good thing is that the date is in the order number so when I saw the order in worldpay admin I at least knew when the order was done.

I posted a thread about it when it happened, no answer as of yet.

Are we the only two where this has happened :w00t:

I have had this happen to me once, the order was processed through worldpay, the order number was allocated to that payment in my account with them.

But there was no order in admin to show what was ordered.

To make things worse you do not know from the admin area that there is a missing order because the numbers are not sequential. The good thing is that the date is in the order number so when I saw the order in worldpay admin I at least knew when the order was done.

I posted a thread about it when it happened, no answer as of yet.

Are we the only two where this has happened :w00t:

Happens to me several times each week.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have had the same problem and am curently using version 3.08.

We have received 2-3 payments wil no Order notification being providerd by Cubecart.

When the user details are viewed the number of orders shows 0

When the order number is searched the order just does not exist.

Has anyone found the problem and come up with a solution?

Thanks

OK a bit more information.

in the _Cubecart_order_sum table the order number exists with the customer ID as 0

This seems to be consistant with the other orders I had lost they all show in the order_sum table but with 0 as the customer_id

The item(s) ordered also show in the _Cubecart_Order_inv table so the problem appears to be the link to the customer_id is not being generated correctly.

Added the Customer_ID directly into the _Cubecart_order_sum table against the order number and the order now shows in Admin Orders.

If anyone knows how to fix this I would be much appreciated, however for now edit the table.

One thing this seems consistant to all is the fact that the customer has delivery details so all fields with suffix _d are completed those that are not are;

Customer_ID =0 and fields name, add_1, add_2, town, county, postcode, country are all blank

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

IM getting this exact same error with mine as well now, i did as suggested above ann the order appeared. Its bit risky letting staff play with your database trying to find missing orders?

Any idea on a fix on this? (using cubecart 3.10)

Guest valencia

Not touching my database with a 10 foot pole, would not know where to begin. I figure that I should not have to do that either to rectify what seems to be occurring often enough.

You see, I too just "lost" an order. Actually, I got confirmation of the order and the details from my store, but the order vanished. I see the customer info, and it shows 1 order, but the order itself is not there :lol:

Maybe the cubecart boogeyman got it */*

And no, I did not delete the order, I saw the the customer ordering, watched in stats while he checked out, and then when payment was verified and I went in to change order status, got the no order in database message :lol:

The only good thing is that I have been paid for the order which does not exist. :D

IM getting this exact same error with mine as well now, i did as suggested above ann the order appeared. Its bit risky letting staff play with your database trying to find missing orders?

Any idea on a fix on this? (using cubecart 3.10)

It is simple enough to add the user ID back onto the order if you use navicat to view edit your databases this way you can avoid using phpmyadmin.

Once the user ID is added the order shows as normal, no data is lost at all, only the link between the user ID and the order.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have noticed this at our store today first time. Order disapeared from order list and yes, customer id was 0 and all invoice data were lost and order time has been changed.

Reason: user logged out, basket is not empty (delivery data there) does hit the checkout step5 again (gateway is set) for some reason.

Quick fix, but important. Step5 (gateway.inc.php) does not contain any check if user is logged-on.

includes/content/gateway.inc.php

SEARCH FOR

require_once("classes/cart.php");

ADD BEFORE

if($ccUserData[0]['customer_id']<1)

{

header("Location: cart.php?act=step1");

exit;

}

Similar code does contain cart.inc.php (since 3.0.11) with $_GET['act']=="step5", but useless - step5 is NOT there.

:w00t:

Guest bikeman

I raised this issue as a bug a week ago but no response as yet. see http://bugs.cubecart.com/?do=details&id=515

Thanks for the suggested fix convict. Tho I am not sure why you suggest a change to gateway.inc.php. If the following is in 3.0.11 in cart.inc.php:

// check the user is logged on

if(($_GET['act']=="step2" || $_GET['act']=="step3" || $_GET['act']=="step4" || $_GET['act']=="step5") && $ccUserData[0]['customer_id']<1)

{

exit;

}

Wouldn't it be better just to stick with this?

In anycase I don't fully understand the change so it would be good if it could be verified by the developer just incase it breaks something else - here's hoping

Thanks for the suggested fix convict. Tho I am not sure why you suggest a change to gateway.inc.php. If the following is in 3.0.11 in cart.inc.php:

// check the user is logged on

if(($_GET['act']=="step2" || $_GET['act']=="step3" || $_GET['act']=="step4" || $_GET['act']=="step5") && $ccUserData[0]['customer_id']<1)

{

exit;

}

Wouldn't it be better just to stick with this?

The get variable ACT with content STEP5 is never used in cart.inc.php. Just have a look into cart.php:

case "step5":

include("includes/content/gateway.inc.php");

$body->assign("PAGE_CONTENT",$page_content);

break;

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SlinkySam

I too had this problem in 3.0.10. I had 4 out of 17 orders missing. I just upgraded to 3.0.12 (with 13 security fix). Has the problem been fixed in the latest release or do I need to add the above code from Convict ? Oh and thanks for finding the error and potential fix convict.

Thanks.

-Sam

• 1 month later...
Guest katherinedenger

I too had this problem in 3.0.10. I had 4 out of 17 orders missing. I just upgraded to 3.0.12 (with 13 security fix). Has the problem been fixed in the latest release or do I need to add the above code from Convict ? Oh and thanks for finding the error and potential fix convict.

Thanks.

-Sam

Hi also having this problem. Looked on the bug report details and it says the problem was fixed in 3.0.13. Is there any word on what I need to change to fix this besides upgrading to 3.0.13? Do I just do what Convict said? Thanks in advance.

Guest ColeFlournoy

Holy $hit! Excuse my language, but this little problem has caused me hours and hours of grief and other problems! I thought I was crazy, b/c when I had the problem (last year) nobody had heard anything about it. I am very glad to finally find out that it was a bug in the system and that there is a fix. When I had this problem before, what happened was a customer was charged twice (and they were very upset about it) because they would try to place an order and it would not go through (as far as they knew) and then they would do it again where it would go through for a second time. I even had to refund a customer plus a $40 bank overdraft charge.

So do we have a solid answer if this bug has been fixed in 3.0.13?

Thanks!

Cole