separate home page

Guest pauly_43

Guest pauly_43

hello all,

i was wondering if it is possible to make the home page with a different layout than the rest of the site. can this be accomplished by configuring cubecart out of the box or does it imply adding more markup?

all suggestions/comments welcome. thanks

paul

Guest pauly_43

thanks andi,

question, would i still be able to link in the shop compents (ie. new products, etc) to the home page, and if so, would i need to the change the paths (ie. .../store/...)? if i am correct in thinking this, what files would i need to change?

thanks again,

paul

As to a static homepage, or a splash page - it is not necessary to put the cart in a subdirectory for this.

(Although I know this is not what you asked about, ansuk brought it up, and I'd like to clarify this.)

All you need do to have a splash page is create an html page and name it index.html, and put it in the root with your store folders. requests for widgets.com will load an index.html - it will take preference over an index.php

In other words, load your CC store to widgets.com, and load your index.html to widgets.com - index.html loads as default in visitors browser, and you link to store with <a href="index.php"> simple as that.

As to having a different layout for frontpage of store, it depends on how different it needs to be. There is presently a mod available that allows you to have different stylesheets controlling the index page and the major category pages of your site. Not sure if that would help or not?

Guest EverythingWeb

Just a quick 'techy point';

some servers will be setup differently and may allow index.php to take precedence over index.htm(l). If this happens, and your on the Apache web server, you can create a .htaccess file in the web-root, containing;

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

:huh: