n00b request - step by step for redesigning layout

Guest mitcho

Guest mitcho

Hey sorry if this annoys anyone buy i just want to know if there is a step by step tutorial for changing the layout of my site. i found the knowledge base 'how can i completeley change the look....' but its not detailed at all.

if there are any tutorials on these forums that walk you through the process, please advise. thanks!

Hmm, that would be too much ground to cover. Change the layout to what?

You are practically unlimited with CubeCart. My suggestion would be to learn basic html and css. Get a good book, and have a look at w3schools.com

Also, look in the news section on this forum, where I saw something about movie tutorials announced.

Also, look at the tutorials over at cubecart.org form (click the downloads button, then look for downloads under the cc3 tutorials and documentation category). The tutorials I have written will also appear on my third-party website which you can find referenced over at the .org forum in places where I've posted.

Good luck, hope you enjoy CubeCart as mush as I have :huh:

Guest mitcho

thanks for that link!

i just have one question now. how do i make the cubecart 1 column instead of 2?

i want to put all the categories boxes on left side.

thankS

thanks for that link!

i just have one question now. how do i make the cubecart 1 column instead of 2?

i want to put all the categories boxes on left side.

thankS

Choose one of the three provided skins. You can preview them in yourstore.com/admin > general settings > skin

Then go to My Computer > the folder where you have the source CC files and use an editor like PHPdesigner (www.mpsoftwareweb.com) to open the folder:

Skins > yourchosenskin > Styles Sheets > layout.css.

You'll find code for the boxes clearly noted as controlling the boxes on the left and boxes on the right. You can move them and reroder them as you want them or even delete them.

You can have a many boxes as you want on the left and in the order you choose in that code. Delete all those on the right that you don't want. The center column can fill the space where the right columns were if you configure the center column to do that.

Then save the file and use an FTP prog to upload and overwrite the original.

OK?

Guest mitcho

Layout CSS doesnt appear to control how many boxes are on the left or right. im using the legend skin.

what CSS code specifies which boxes appear on the left and which on the right? sorry but i cant see anything except styling. i basically want to move all my category boxes to the left and rearrange them.

in the skin folder of your choice open styletemplates/global folder

then open index.tpl

you will see the tags there in eg {categories}

simply copy n paste right hand column tags into left hand column

ta da 2 column site :)