time to upgrade, very fast question about CHANGELOG

Okay, i have 3.0.8 at the moment. Obviously, it's time to upgrade being there are two new upgrade options out there.

IF i simply upgrade the files listed in the change log, I should have NO problems right?? The last couple times I've upgraded, I practically lost everything and had to redo the entire store. This is NOT an option right now. So, upgrading the files mentioned and only those files will eliminate this correct??

Also, when I do this, I would simply need to backup the files mentioned in the change log only too, since they are the only ones going to be overwrited??

I am not sure how to do a backup of the store from my server.

PLEASE HELP!! :huh:

THANKS

Guest walmarc

Okay, i have 3.0.8 at the moment. Obviously, it's time to upgrade being there are two new upgrade options out there.

IF i simply upgrade the files listed in the change log, I should have NO problems right?? The last couple times I've upgraded, I practically lost everything and had to redo the entire store. This is NOT an option right now. So, upgrading the files mentioned and only those files will eliminate this correct??

Also, when I do this, I would simply need to backup the files mentioned in the change log only too, since they are the only ones going to be overwrited??

I am not sure how to do a backup of the store from my server.

PLEASE HELP!! :huh:

THANKS

You are best off doing a FULL backup of both your database and cubecart files. If you do not have a backup facility in you hosting control panel you need to:

1. Refer to the topic 2nd down pinned at the top of General Support for backup/restore of Database written by imartinez.

2. Download all the files in your store's directory using FTP.

After backup, refer to my post at http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....indpost&p=85529

for upgrade instructions

Regards

Mark

Guest walmarc

Okay, I will give it a shot later tonight.... but if it doesn't work, im holding you personally responsible!!!

Just kidding... :huh:

No responsibility taken if you don't do a full backup 1st! :huh:

Since 3.0.6 no database upgrade is needed -> you really dont need a database backup.

If you use an unmodified files, the simplest way is to:

Upload every file from the upload folder in the package to the server replacing your existing ones excluding:

includes/global.inc.php

install/

language/*/home.inc.php (If you have made changes.)

If you use modified files you have to use changelog in 3.0.9 package and 3.0.10 package to change existing 3.0.8 files.

Guest walmarc

Since 3.0.6 no database upgrade is needed -> you really dont need a database backup.

If you use an unmodified files, the simplest way is to:

Upload every file from the upload folder in the package to the server replacing your existing ones excluding:

includes/global.inc.php

install/

language/*/home.inc.php (If you have made changes.)

If you use modified files you have to use changelog in 3.0.9 package and 3.0.10 package to change existing 3.0.8 files.

xtpl.php isn't mentioned in the 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 changelog, which is why I posted the above link. You are right convict, but I was guessing he may have some modified files beacause the topic title mentioned CHANGELOG in caps.

Cheers