3.09 ssl and admin problems

I have installed CC 3.09. Everything was fine until i turned on ssl. I have shared ssl. When i turn it on i cannot access my admin area. Also when using the cart everytime i go to the home page an extra / appears in the address bar until it gets to 4 and then the site cannot be accessed.

Any help tips or hints would be appreciated.

Many thanx in advance

Stevie

Hi Thanks but i already have the tool and have to use it to take ssl off when i need to go into the admin area. The ssl paths are correct going by the the information i followed from the help boards.

https://main.remotedns.co.uk/~babymadn is the shared ssl.

Stevie

I should add that when i go to try the cart it's fine other than when i go to basket and then back to home page i get the problem in the address bar.

Guest EverythingWeb

There are many differences with SSL settings etc, so please, if you could post your SSL Settings, I would appreciate it (you can PM them if you prefer).

I would also like to see a copy of your includes/global.inc.php file with the paths (please * out the usernames/passwords). Again you can PM this if you prefer.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I think I have the same problem. thanks for the unlock link! really needed that!

I'm with a brand new host and a just bought certificate. I double checked the settings with the host and the shop works fine but the admin area has been stripped of its CSS and all the links to modify anything result in NOT FOUND error message.

I have Cpanel, my settings were:

Root SECURE Public HTML folder to store: /home/username/public_html/

Absolute SECURE URL to store: https://www.domainname.co.uk

Server SECURE Root Directory: /home/username/public_html

I am also running CC 3.0.9 do you need anymore info?

Many Thanks

Patricia