Removing Category Folders from Home Page

Guest spudnick1

Guest spudnick1

Hi

I searched and didn't find anyone's solution to this! some have asked this question and none has answered so it must be hard to do?. If someone could help out that would be great!

All i want on my home page is the small amount of welcome text, then latest products with thumbnails showing, but i got those horrid folder thumbnails images inbetween

thanks in advance

spud

You're using a custom skin called FashionBlueMuted and your categories are showing on your front page. I would look in styleTemplates/global/index.tpl for a reference to {CATEGORIES}. You could also assign images to your categories which would replace the default blue folder.

You could also go to /shop/skins/FashionBlueMuted/styleImages/catnophoto.gif and replace catnophoto.gif with your own image and name it catnophoto.gif. The possibilities are endless.

I might add that my skin, FashionBlueMuted, does not normally display cats on home page. This store has obviously incorporated the front page cats mod. Searching for {CATEGORIES} in that file will not help ypu . . . You will need to delete or disable all the code from content/index.tpl which places categories on the front page. If you installed this mod yourself, look at the mod instructions to determine what to delete in that file. If someone else installed it, you could have them remove the categories. Or, send me a PM and I'll take of it. ;)

As Roban suggested, anything can be done here. Remove blue folders but leave cat name? A piece of cake. Remove them entirely? Likewise. Create a custom no-cat-photo image? Easy as 1-2-3