Sub Catagories Box

Guest pauly_43

Guest pauly_43

hello all,

i am trying to create a separate box from the subCatagory function that is used in the viewCat.tpl but have been unsuccessful with the existint info found in the forum. could someone please advise how this would be possible if even if it is possible. i am not sure if removing the subCatagory from the viewCat.ptl will still work without the correct variable being passed (ie, the correct catagory to display the correct sub catagories).

any and all help is appreciated.

cheers!

paul

Sorry, your question does not make any sense to me. I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

If you want a box on the side that shows subcats with links, you would need to make it just as the main category box is made. So, you modify a version of categories.inc.php to pull subcats, assign it in the root index.php, give it an XTemplate like subcategories.tpl (cloning the actegories.tpl) in your skin file, etc. This is not too difficult to do.

But perhaps yo9u don't really want a box on the side to show subcats?

Your question is not clear, and I don't see why you are messing with viewCat . . .

There are several category menu mods at cubecart.org by convict, and he can cose anything you want to do with categories if you can't do it yourself. :)

Guest pauly_43

Sorry, your question does not make any sense to me. I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

If you want a box on the side that shows subcats with links, you would need to make it just as the main category box is made. So, you modify a version of categories.inc.php to pull subcats, assign it in the root index.php, give it an XTemplate like subcategories.tpl (cloning the actegories.tpl) in your skin file, etc. This is not too difficult to do.

But perhaps yo9u don't really want a box on the side to show subcats?

Your question is not clear, and I don't see why you are messing with viewCat . . .

There are several category menu mods at cubecart.org by convict, and he can cose anything you want to do with categories if you can't do it yourself. :)

hello markscart

yes! that is what i am trying to do. i want to pull the sub cats out into a separate box. i have looked at the mod by convict and it is good. but i really want to learn how to do this. i have tried a few things like you mentioned but have been unsuccessful. if you could lend me a hand or point me to some turtorial on how to "modify a version of categories.inc.php to pull subcats, assign it in the root index.php, give it an XTemplate like subcategories.tpl (cloning the actegories.tpl) in your skin file," i would be greatly thankful.

cheers!

paul