Login/Register

Guest Alorwebdesign

Guest Alorwebdesign

How do I move the Login/Register information from the left side to the right side of the page in the Legend skin?

Thanks!

Lori

Guest shandaman

simply open up your layout.css file find the style class for topHeader and move the text aligntment to whatever direction you want left, right, or center.

Guest Alorwebdesign

simply open up your layout.css file find the style class for topHeader and move the text aligntment to whatever direction you want left, right, or center.

hmmm...When I go to the layout.css file and locate topHeader, here is what I see:

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

color: #000000;

height: 143px;

margin-bottom: 10px;

padding-right: 9px;

padding-top: 0px;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.jpg);

border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;

Where do I make the change?

Thanks!

Lori

Guest shandaman

ok can you please email me your style.css and layout.css file and i'll make the change for you because something isnt right. I just used your code and it worked perfect for me so send me the files so i can see whats up Thanks shannon

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

Are you wanting to move the whole box itself to the right-hand "column" in the page?

If so, you actually need to be in /skins/Legend/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

The CSS will only adjust the alignment of the text.

I will stand to be corrected, though!

Guest vrakas

I think you should also check in styleTemplates/global/index.tpl :P

find:

<div>{SEARCH_FORM}</div>

<div>{SESSION}</div>

Insert code before the search and session similar to:

<div style="position:relative;right:0px;text-align:right">

or

<div style="position:relative;right:0px;float:right">

by the way lets move it to the correct forum :cry:

Guest shandaman

when i do it in the layout.css file it moves it wherever i want never have to go into the index.tpl file. Also try editing the search box placement.

Guest vrakas

@EverythingWeb

I have done it many times by altering both files (when needed) but the tpl is the one that does the trick for me :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest marline

could this be a possible bug? As ive never had to do it in the .tpl files.

I think not :rolleyes:

Which way is the correct way to move the search and login box to the left or right side?

I tryed and it had boxes everywhere and my logo header was on the page about six times!

I added this to styletemplates/global/index.tpl

<div style="position:relative;right:0px;text-align:right">

or

<div style="position:relative;right:0px;float:right">

I then deleted one of them and still search bot on top of page?

Guest marline

The best way to move it is in the top header section of layout.css in yourskin/styleSheets/layout.css

My I ask how? I'm confused!

The best way to move it is in the top header section of layout.css in yourskin/styleSheets/layout.css

I disagree entirely. It depends where you want to move it to, and how you want it to look.

Everything you need to access for moving this around and changing the look entirely, 100%, is in layout.css (text-align setting of topHeader division), style.css (.searchBtn, .searchBox, .txtSession, a.txtSession, a..txtSession:hover, .txtSessionGrey, etc. etc.), boxes/session.tpl, boxes/searchForm.tpl, and global/index.tpl where padding is generally used to position this info from top of page and from right margin . . . also, in index.tpl the {...} variable tags can be moved about the page.

@ Lori, if you seriously want help with this, and prevent glib answers and misunderstandings between the folk who are coming to your aid, then please add a link to the page when you have a problem or question like this, and be very specific about what you wish to do.

Your original question was how to move the info from the left side to the right side - are you sure that you didn't mean from the right side to the left side?

Anyway, Shandaman's advice should have worked for you, if that's all you want. Look for .topHeader in layout.css and change this:

to this:

text-align: left;

or vice-versa. You can also use text-align: center; as shandaman mentioned.

If you wish to make other changes to this, you may need to edit other files as mentioned above. We can probably help, but there is not much point in trying unless you give a URL to the page we can see, and be very specific.

Guest marline

I disagree entirely. It depends where you want to move it to, and how you want it to look.

Everything you need to access for moving this around and changing the look entirely, 100%, is in layout.css (text-align setting of topHeader division), style.css (.searchBtn, .searchBox, .txtSession, a.txtSession, a..txtSession:hover, .txtSessionGrey, etc. etc.), boxes/session.tpl, boxes/searchForm.tpl, and global/index.tpl where padding is generally used to position this info from top of page and from right margin . . . also, in index.tpl the {...} variable tags can be moved about the page.

@ Lori, if you seriously want help with this, and prevent glib answers and misunderstandings between the folk who are coming to your aid, then please add a link to the page when you have a problem or question like this, and be very specific about what you wish to do.

Your original question was how to move the info from the left side to the right side - are you sure that you didn't mean from the right side to the left side?

Anyway, Shandaman's advice should have worked for you, if that's all you want. Look for .topHeader in layout.css and change this:

to this:

text-align: left;

or vice-versa. You can also use text-align: center; as shandaman mentioned.

If you wish to make other changes to this, you may need to edit other files as mentioned above. We can probably help, but there is not much point in trying unless you give a URL to the page we can see, and be very specific.

I want to move search and login to left side on CC

Guest marline

my method works!!!

Well right now the search and login are located right on top of my logo, I would like to move it to the right side of the page where all the other boxes are located!

Guest shandaman

ok well on .org i created a tut on how to create new boxes grab that and put the search and session stuff in the new box.

Guest marline

ok well on .org i created a tut on how to create new boxes grab that and put the search and session stuff in the new box.

thanks, i'll give it a shot!