Strange URL and behavior on new installation

jerseyjoe

Please go to:

www.winterbottomsantiques.com

Note the resulting URL.

http://www.winterbottomsantiques.com/~username/index.php

It is revealing the user name. It should not.

Secondly, I'm having strange behavior at admin login.

There are two admins, both correctly configured as top admins. But I cannot login as the second admin.

I only have an hour of work in this project. I'm thinking that before I go any further I should just do a fresh installation. Comment - or does someone know what may be causing these problems?

Guest walmarc

It seems to be ok, unless you fixed it. :D

Yep seems to work fine here too. The ~username access is a standard feature of shared hosting and usually the only way to access a site (using the host's nameserver) until the dns propogates. I'd recommend you now edit your original post to remove username identifying information. Leaving it there may ultimately prove a security risk as it is just one less variable needed for a hacker to attempt access. :(

Yep seems to work fine here too. The ~username access is a standard feature of shared hosting and usually the only way to access a site (using the host's nameserver) until the dns propogates. I'd recommend you now edit your original post to remove username identifying information. Leaving it there may ultimately prove a security risk as it is just one less variable needed for a hacker to attempt access. :(

It was puzzling because the server was set up a week ago and appeared to have been fully proagated.

Well, it's not a bug; it's an Internet.

It was puzzling because the server was set up a week ago and appeared to have been fully proagated.

Well, it's not a bug; it's an Internet.

Oops - it is definitely not a DNS propagation issue. I can invoke it by opening the store through the ACP.

And that act of logging into the ACP has its own set of problem. See:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=18308

I'm concerned that this combo of weirdness is telling me that the installation is corrupt and has some unpleasant surpises further down the road if not addressed now before I spend much more time on skinng and mods, not to mention adding 1500 products.

Suggestions, please?