Missing Text Editor

Guest allanT

Guest allanT

Well, I just watched a tutorial and have discovered that I cannot edit the text because the text editor is missing from my admin panel. I could scream.What should be loaded or adjusted to resolve this situation.

Allan

Guest allanT

I double checked one of the other computers here and found that they recognized the text editor. So, you are correct; it is the browser.

Hi Allan, are you keeping "the browser" a secret? LOL */*

Anyway, I'm using Firefox, and I had to tweak FF to work with FCKEditor, open image management pop-ups, etc. At first I had the same problem with FireFox that you are having with your browser.

I still cannot find a setting that will allow me to copy and paste from the mouse in FCKEditor with FF :)

Guest walmarc

I'm afraid it's good ol' ctrl+c & ctrl+v to copy and paste to/from fckeditor in Firefox. I'm using 1.5.0.2 but with 1.5.0.1 didn't have a problem accessing fckeditor's full features (Standard installation with Tab Mix Plus). :)

Guest allanT

My apologies... I'm working with both Firefox and Explorer depending on my location.

open image management pop-ups, etc.

Where are you accessing this info?

Do you get the feeling that you are dealing with less then savy computer type? :)

Guest allanT

OK, I reloaded the rte file as suggested.

Went to firefox and downloaded a brand spanking new browser to write over the one on my computer.

Off to the admin/homepage panel I went. Still nothing. :)

I hit the refresh button about 10,000 times and.... viola... text editor. I jumped out of my seat with satisfaction!!! */*

Thank you very much for pointing out the flaw in my browser not the CC.

Allan ;)