Someone making it big?

Guest SaraW

Guest Brivtech

Had a site go live for a customer last Thursday, already, they have had 3 orders. Not bad for a bank holiday weekend as well.

How much money you make depends on how well you promote your site. Our business also provides marketing consultancy, so it's not just through search engines that we get customer's sites listed, but through other media as well.

Identify who your main and secondary target markets are for, and adjust your strategy accordingly. you can't just sit back and wait for orders. You have to be dynamic.

Guest gwizard

Me, I'm quite the opposite from Roban.

My mod shop earns enough to be considered fun money and my rent comes from a day job as a programmer.

Never realized how much money you can make just from selling couple of scripts on the net before I found Cubecart.

I've been making a 'full-time' living online for over a year and a half now. Started 3 years ago knowing nothing about web design, scripts, shopping carts, or anything. Made a lot of mistakes, but hit my breakeven point within 6 months of starting out, even with bad advice.

If I had to start over again, I could build a full-time income in less than a year, maybe less than 6 months.

The real 'secret' to making money online is to offer something that people can't get anywhere else, and to offer something that people are actively looking for and willing to pay money to get. After that, it's all a matter of marketing.

Guest cntgifts

on the other side ive been on the web for a year or so and havent had much sucess at all. ive advertised on and offline

it pretty much depends on what your selling and how many peopel are selling the same thing as you

Guest degsey69

Convict, I sympathise with you, but I don't think the forum is the place for this, warranted or not.

I think the forum is the right place for his comments if it can be backed up and proven.

If a forum contributor, in both forums, is breaching copyright then it should be made public.

I am in no way saying that what convict is implying is right, but what happened to freedom of speech.

We have a duty to expose to protect the members of the forum.

Maybe area51 in cubecart.org could be more appropriate.

I just checked the other forum and it appears that gwizard is banned there at present :w00t:

I agree that the general forum doesn't need this subject approached in this manner. I empathize with convict 100% in this, but prefer to have the cubecart.org issue brought to light for the entire forum to read via the proper channels. Degsey has a good point about the welfare of the entire community. Rest assured that a wolf in sheep's clothing, given due process, will not be tolerated among us. I have faith in this community and its leadership.

Guest vrakas

As a moderator in this forum i must add the following:

FGI:Copyright issues are taken very seriously in this, the .org forum and anywhere in general.

Some of us know that gwizard has been banned from the .org forum (for now) and if he can prove "us" wrong the bann can and will be lifted with a public appologise, if not then i feel sorry for the turn things has taken for him.

The bann matter is only for the .org forum and has nothing to do with THIS forum. He is also a customer of CC and unless he brakes these rules he is allowed to post and contribute in here freely.

I would suggest we leave this matter for now as is and carry on with the original topic of this thread.

Guest Robbo

Hi all,

My first post on here.

I run and help out with numerous of websites on a fulltime basis. I started part time and about a year ago decided I would make more by focusing on my businesses full time. I'm glad I did and now I'm making more than ever. It's not all about the money though - I thoroughly enjoy working for myself and would never go back to having to answer to people if I can help it :)

I'm now thinking of moving ino a house twice as big as my current one :(