Froogle

Guest fulmater

Guest fulmater

When I click on the froogle link it errors and I cant make my upload files. Please help me out with this as I use froogle alot.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5587 bytes) in /home/sites/home/web/admin/products/index.php on line 80

What can I change to make it work

• 1 month later...

Guest fulmater

When I click on the froogle link it errors and I cant make my upload files. Please help me out with this as I use froogle alot.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5587 bytes) in /home/sites/home/web/admin/products/index.php on line 80

Is this website still open...no help??

Guest fulmater

yes it's still open and you'll probably get more help if you'd post some information about your site. URL, CC version, mods installed.

You might try using the search function to find your answer.

dfwproducts.com

no mod

Guest Brivtech

8388608 bytes works out at exactly 8MB.

With such a round number, I'd ask is if some kind of limit has been applied as to the maximum size of file that can be generated.

8MB of text data seems to be a lot to me. Working on a rough equation, that would be the equivilent of over 1.25 million words.

If your store database really so big? I had a quick look at your site, there do seem to be quite a few products on there.

I can't offer any suggestions to fix the problem though, sorry. I don't know if it's your host that is restricting a file, or the CubeCart kernel. I'm also wondering if it's a cacheing problem, although don't understand the technicalities - It seems to imply that the memory cannot accomodate any more than the 5587K allocated. Have no idea if this will help, but try clearing your browser cache.

> Do you get errors all the time, or does it just happen sometimes?

> Has it worked before? When did it stop working?

Guest fulmater

you need to update your feed using FTP, not the upload button on the web page.

It worked at first when I first started my store. I finished adding all the products ant was going to upload my froogle and it gave me the error. I get the error every time now. I have tweo other stores online, on the same server and using the same ver of CC and the froogle works fine on them. The only difference would be the number of products as one store has way less products, the other has a couple hundred less. I always upload to froogle using the FTP, I make the file with CC then upload it through FTP for the other two stores.

The DFWproducts is my main store so it has more products. I own my own server to run my stores because I got tired of dealing with hosts and the lack of service needed to make things run right. I have a Raq 4i running linux with apache. I had SQL server installed and PHP both the newest avalible at the time "less then a year". I dont know that we can resolve this problem but I thought it was worth a shot.

Thanks so much for you help

Steve Howery

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fulmater

I had a thought the other day while pondering this problem I am having with my CC installation. The installation thats the only one I cant get Froogle to work on is also the only one I UPGRADED. I upgraded my www.dfwproducts.com twice with no other issues. Now that I think about it I have never up graded my www.themegabuy.com or www.sextweak.com sites and froogle works fine on them.

I am wondering if I could FTP all the files from the newest ver of CC 3.0.10 to my server? Is there any files other than the config file and my skins I need worry about? I thought about it because while updating my stores I noted a small difference between the way my show products page looks at dfwproducts as compared to my other stores. I am wondering if I simply re uploaded all the 3.0.10 files if it would maybe work better and look the same. Wondering?? Please advise me if any files on my server outside of the config file and my skins I need worry about and can I simply upload all the 3.0.10 files as opposed to just the few files that came with the upgrade from 3.0.9 to 3.0.10.

Thank you and be safe!

Steve Howery

DFW Products

This is screen shot of the megabuy not upgraded from early ver of CC simply installed as 3.0.10

themegabuy.jpg

This is screen shot of dfw products which has been upgraded from 3.0.9 to 3.0.10

dfwproductss.jpg

Notice the top where you would input the product code to search is different in the two and they are on the same server, same ver, same every thing. Only difference is dfwproducts was upgraded from 9 to 10.

• 1 month later...
Guest martino

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my store.

The answer was to increase the amount of memory available to PHP to run scripts.

The setting for this is in the php.ini file. Under 'Resource Limits' find the following line:

'memory_limit = 8M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)'

Gradually increase the memory limit until the script works again.

Hope this helps

Martin