Anyone sucessfully using Fasthosts to host CubeCart?

Guest cubiccarter

Guest cubiccarter

Hello everyone,

Just a simple question really, is any one sucessfully using Fasthosts.co.uk to host CubeCart?

If so, how? Have you modified the code?

Whilst the front end of the cart works, we are having issues with 30 second PHP timeout preventing us accessing the admin sections, which are PHP time intensive. FastHosts advise they cannot change the timeout from 30 seconds on a shared server, and this is the same for Windows and Linux host packages.

So basically, unless CubeCart is modifiable, we either dump FastHosts and or CubeCart?

Thank in advance, and Best Regards,

Cubic Carter

Guest bootcamp

I managed to set-up a cube cart site on Fasthosts servers just fine.. not sure if this was just a fluke. The Client who's site has not complained of any problems, but then they haven't really done much with the site yet.

It is hosted on one of their windows shared servers.

Hope you manage to sort it out. :w00t:

• 5 months later...
Guest wbuparts

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Add / View products or categories times out. Its fine until I have made loads of categories then it will timeout all the time. Someone sugested load balancing, which I enabled and I then also enabled ASP on the server and did a fresh install. Same problems again, did you manage to sort anything out or did ya switch from Fasthosts??

• 4 years later...
Guest jenismith73

UnlimitedGB.com - I'd highly recommend you to any individual or business looking person. Your no problem attitude and clear communication take your business a step above the others."