how to remove both "Welcome to CC" AND the empty line?

The home page default includes a line of text, red, bold italic, saying "Welcome to Cube Cart"

I have found where to delete the text (language > en > home.inc.php > foot of file) and done that. I've also removed the entire line from the file because I wants a small banner to take its pace and be aligned, as the text is, with the top of the Shop by Category header.

But removing that line of code does not push the banner up. The blank space remains. I've even experimeneted with editing (in layout.css) the code for .boxContent by removing the padding and even rdeleted the entire .boxContent from that file.

But the empty line that used to say "welcome etc." persists.

Where is that blank space defined so I can edit it out?

If one of the trustworthy coders here wants to see the offline store, ask and I'll email you an admin code.

Guest EverythingWeb

skins/YOURSKIN/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

remove the {HOME_TITLE} (or similarly named) Tag as this is trying to call the line from the home.inc.php file.

I would also recommend putting the PHP line back in home.inc.php so that PHP wont error out should the error_reporting level be changed.

Joe, The space is caused by a line break in skin file content/index.tpl . . .

Removing the "Welcome to . . ." message is done in ACP, no need to edit the lang php file home.inc.php, I agree you should restore it.

In content/index.tpl remove all of this, as the <br /> is adding a carriage return:

<span class="txtContentTitle">{HOME_TITLE}</span>

<br />

If you have any further problems with alignment, use inline styles there in content/index.tpl on the boxContent division, for example:

<div class="boxContent" style="margin-top: -3px;">

skins/YOURSKIN/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

remove the {HOME_TITLE} (or similarly named) Tag as this is trying to call the line from the home.inc.php file.

I would also recommend putting the PHP line back in home.inc.php so that PHP wont error out should the error_reporting level be changed.

A BIG thank you. It worked. (I should mention that in addition to deleting the entire line:

it's also necessary to remove the next line:

<br />

And I agree with you that I should restore the line in home.inc.php. Good advce.

Thanks again for the help.

Joe, The space is caused by a line break in skin file content/index.tpl . . .

Removing the "Welcome to . . ." message is done in ACP, no need to edit the lang php file home.inc.php, I agree you should restore it.

In content/index.tpl remove all of this, as the <br /> is adding a carriage return:

<br />

If you have any further problems with alignment, use inline styles there in content/index.tpl on the boxContent division, for example:

<div class="boxContent" style="margin-top: -3px;">

Thanks, Mark