Creating a completely new header

Hi,

I am in the process of considering making the transition from a trial version of another manufacturer's software to that of Cube Cart, mainly because of its ease of use and also because of its openness.

What I want to do is basically achieve the same look I get with this other software, but with using cubecart.

So where to start?

Well with the header to begin with.

Currently the header is constructed via a series of templates.

Firstly : top.tpl (via the call "{include file="top.tpl"}" within index.tpl)

Which in turn calls :

- top_quick_links.tpl (via the call "{include file="top_quick_links.tpl"}" within top.tpl)

- quick_search.tpl (via the call "{include file="quick_search.tpl"}" within top.tpl)

- quick_search_button.tpl (via the call "{include file="quick_search_button.tpl"}" within top.tpl)

- top_menu.tpl (via the call "{include file="top_menu.tpl"}" within top.tpl)

Attached at the end of this post is an image of what my current header looks like.

Which hopefully will explain things a bit better.

So what I am asking here is this.

How do I remove the current way a header is constructed

And then implement a method like the one illustrated above?

Thankyou in advance.

You can acheive the same look, but IMO you are going about it the wrong way. Use the CubeCart exising template system to get the same look.

Use the gray background image for the topHeader division, alter siteDocs.tpl to appear at top right, adding home link on front and sitemap link on back, positions search and change colors of it, using the search button image shown, and create a horizontal top bar for links using the background images that created the one you show there.

Creating this header in CC would require editing of five or six files and the addition of correct background images.

Thanks for the prompt reply markscarts, much appreciated.

Could you please provide me with a detailed step by step of the method you are suggesting?

Not only would this be beneficial to myself, but I believe others in the future if they have a similar request would also find it very useful.

Thankyou in advance

Thanks for the prompt reply markscarts, much appreciated.

Could you please provide me with a detailed step by step of the method you are suggesting?

Not only would this be beneficial to myself, but I believe others in the future if they have a similar request would also find it very useful.

Thankyou in advance

To be candid, and with the best intentions all around, that is a "question too far."

If you look around in this venue, you will find hours worth of reading, mostly in the Skinning Forum, that explain how to do what you wish to do - and for which MarksCarts has laid out the approach. As you recognize, CC is very accessible that way. Also, there even animated tutorials if you click on Suppprt above. They show you how to do most of the common taks.

If you don't have the time or skills to learn how to do the work yourself, get a price quote on a custom job from one of the qualified people who hang out over at www.cubecart.org. They are the same people who answer simpler questions in this venue. But the rules here prohibit commercial activity. That's why you have to ask them over in the ORG.

I've used some of those people for things had neither time nor patience nor skill to do myself and never beeen disappointed with what they did for modest fees.