Google Base doesn't seem to like the old "Froogle" Feeds

Guest FugitiveToys

Guest FugitiveToys

Now that Froogle seems to be using (or moving towards using) Google Base...you must reupload your product feed. The problem seems to be though that the product feed that CubeCart spits out doesn't work all that great with Base. Product images don't work, there's no stock amount included and it seems to be missing a few other items.

Looks like it can also now accept RSS feeds.

Here are some details:

https://www.google.com/base/help/tab_instru...s.html?hl=en_US

https://www.google.com/base/help/rss_specs.html?hl=en_US

i have been playing about with this today, and i havent had that many problems with it.

I have re-loaded my new product feed into froogle, and its taken all of my items. The images are all still working.

I think that a few items are still missing when viewing the store, but I think thats because I havent given it enough time to do all it needs to do yet.

Guest CaseyC

I have also run into this problem......It seems that the culprit is the higher order ASCII characters. In my case it was the "Registered" character (circle with letter R). Another character that has been causing problems is the British "£" symbol. I just removed mine and it uploaded fine. One other change is that on Google Base you can only upload your feed once an hour; so even if you have a minor change, you can't upload again immediately.

Klaus Cook

Houston, Texas

www.gifts.jowestcorp.com

I have also run into this problem......It seems that the culprit is the higher order ASCII characters. In my case it was the "Registered" character (circle with letter R). Another character that has been causing problems is the British "£" symbol. I just removed mine and it uploaded fine. One other change is that on Google Base you can only upload your feed once an hour; so even if you have a minor change, you can't upload again immediately.

Klaus Cook

Houston, Texas

www.gifts.jowestcorp.com

that one hour thing got me all :on2long::):pirate: this morning :rolly: