CubeCart is the ONLY cart with this feature !

Guest cerise

Guest cerise

Hi,

In your features description we can read this:

Valid XHTML & CSS Code (CubeCart is the ONLY cart with this feature)

(I don't think your're the ONLY :huh: ) but if you write this why I've got this:

This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

when I try to validate my pages ?

All the Cubecart design I've seen display "xhtml css valid" but when I validate them, they aren't. It's not very professionnal, I think...

I'm care about web standards and I really want a valide cart (and maybe tableless design).

Why you don't correct your layout ? I'm designer, not programmer how I can change my skin with a valid template if I start with a bad template ? What I need change in PHP to have valide pages ?

Thanks for your help

Guest cerise

The shopping cart IS valid but some of the skins are not so please ensure you have your facts straight before making allegations */*

Sorry, I didn't thought that you separate the template and the code when you ask about valid xhtml.

I correct the DTD (html code) and html entity (in database) and all validate now ! For the entity I don't know if it's a html mystake or a PHP code because it's in db.

Now just another question: it's possible to do a tableless design with your code ? All table are in the template or did the php code generate some table ? I hope that you understand what I mean and sorry for my bad english.

Thanks

Guest Brivtech

What's so bad about tables anyway? Even though I use DIVs, I still use tables a lot - I'm old school, and think all this CSS stuff is a pain in the posterior! Microsoft need to get their act together to give Frontpage the programming power of dreamweaver, but maintain and improve their WYSIWYG which I still prefer over Dreamweaver!

Dreampage! YEAH! */*

Andi is very right, templates do differ in programming style, although I often suffer from browser differences in the output. That's not the templates fault, more of incompatibilities with the accepted web design standards not actually being follwed by all browsers.

Guest cerise

I don't use table since long time and don't use wysiwyg editor anymore. I make my templates with TopStyle and PSPad editor and yes I suffer from browser differences in the output also but I continue !

The 2 changes that I make for good validation are followed by all browers (I think...)

The only HTML that is stored in the database that I know of is what is saved using the FCKEditor, with the exception of the homepage. This includes document content and product descriptions. Everything else is in the skins.

I don't see any problems with using tables. They fix a lot of problems DIVs cause, and DIVs fix a lot of problems tables cause. I see it as more important to acheive a nice looking site for everyone, than to keep the odd one or two people happy who just 'love' to see something adhere to a standard. The difference could be several days coding and debugging... but will the customer want to pay extra for it? probably not, they just like to see pretty pictures usually. */*