We have Froogle, so how about...

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

How about integrating CubeCart into:

- Ebay

- Amazon.com marketplace

- Yahoo Auctions

I'm sure there'd be many many shops who'd love to have some of their products listed in these sites.

Is it a technical impossibility?

How about integrating CubeCart into:

- Ebay

- Amazon.com marketplace

- Yahoo Auctions

I'm sure there'd be many many shops who'd love to have some of their products listed in these sites.

Is it a technical impossibility?

These sites do have their own API - so it would mean getting onboard the Ebay developers program (and the same for Amazon and Yahoo - if they exist) However, I don't know if the api allows posting of adverts - from what I could see, it was more like a read-only system.

A less technical way would be a to user TurboLister (or any other Ebay tool) which allows CSV import, and either clone the Froogle Feed to produce an Ebay-friendly CSV file, or even export the mySQL invertory table.

I don't know if Yahoo or Amazon have any similar tools.

Would the hassle involved in running an Ebay store AND a CC store would pay off - does anyone here do both?

I find the Ebay fees pretty steep for low margin items, so prefer to price against other online stores, than compete with Ebay sellers.

Interesting quiestion though!

Jason