Removing welcome message from ADMIN??

Chargin

I searched all over the forums, there must be a thread on this but I didnt find any help. I see lots of posts about removing the welcome message from the cart but none for ADMIN. I dont want my client to see

"Welcome to the CubeCartâ„¢ Administration Control Panel"

Im hoping to remove the mention of cube cart from all the pages. Im ok with it in the source code. I have bought a licence also.

I am a little confused as to why you would want to....are you planning on rebranding the software as your own?

Surely you could see why someone would want to remove branding from a product they are selling?? For one reason, I dont want a client to see the name, do a Google and come to me saying

"Hey you charged me $xxxx for a FREE shopping cart!"

Guest vrakas

First of all it is NOT a free software ;)

When we charge we charge for everything including setup, design and even any 3rd party mods a client might need and they will need some kind of maintanance, therefore the price will be diferent from the cost of just the registered CC. :)

Personally i am against the removal of the copyright, but it is ok to do so ( as Brooky has just posted ) after you have purchased a licence.

Its up to you ;)

I would imagine, like others he isn't selling the software, but selling the service of installation, configuration, hosting, support etc and charging the client for the time spent doing so not the software itself.

I can see where he's coming from when a client says why have you charged me x amount when the software actually cost y amount.

Clients see the cost of the product and don't always realise that there is additional cost involved in time to set up, configure, hosting, training the client how to use it, any additional manuals created specifically for them etc. Removing the branding on licensed carts avoids confusion and difficulties from the end client.

Guest Brivtech

Exactly right Andi! (EDIT: Hmmmm, Andi's post vanished!)

You should be proud of offering your customers a licensed CubeCart as part of a bigger service package, being such a great system. Sure your customers could download it themselves for free (With copyright), but at the end of the day, not everyone has the basic minimal ability to do so, not the time or patience. That's what gives your service added value. You should have faith in your service.

By the way, I'm in a real pickle at the moment, so I'm hijacking this thread in a 2-liner - Please can someone help me here.... http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=19946 - I really don't want to bother Brooky at the moment.

Ahh k

Its just that this latest client has asked me SOO many questions, how many in your office, what qualifications do you have, is this "cart" your own software or did you buy it/download it etc etc I feel like he can see right through me, not that Im trying to hide anything. Except now I want to hide the brand of the cart, so he doesnt look it up and see that he can add his own newsletter, change shipping details or payment gateways etc etc, all of which, if he needs I will do and charge him accordingly...

Ive finally had a chance to try this but the footer file has no such info, heres mine.

<?php

/*

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| CubeCart v3.0.10

| ========================================

| by Alistair Brookbanks

| CubeCart is a Trade Mark of Devellion Limited

| Copyright Devellion Limited 2005 - 2006. All rights reserved.

| Devellion Limited,

| 22 Thomas Heskin Court,

| Station Road,

| Bishops Stortford,

| HERTFORDSHIRE.

| CM23 3EE

| UNITED KINGDOM

| http://www.devellion.com

| UK Private Limited Company No. 5323904

| Web: http://www.cubecart.com

| Date: Tuesday, 14th March 2006

| Email: info (at) cubecart (dot) com

| License Type: CubeCart is NOT Open Source Software and Limitations Apply

| Licence Info: http://www.cubecart.com/site/faq/license.php

| footer.inc.php

| Admin Footer

*/

if (ereg(".inc.php",$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'])) {

echo "<html>\r\n<head>\r\n<title>Forbidden 403</title>\r\n</head>\r\n<body><h3>Forbidden 403</h3>\r\nThe document you are requesting is forbidden.\r\n</body>\r\n</html>";

exit;

}

if(isset($_SESSION['ccAdmin'])){ ?>

</div>

<!-- start wrapping table -->

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- end wrapping table -->

<?php } ?>

</body>

</html>

So where do I find this welcome message?

I did a scan of all the files and the only mention I can find is in lang_inc.php

Line 1205

Open that page in a text editor and do a search for "Welcome to the CubeCart"

I did a scan of all the files and the only mention I can find is in lang_inc.php

Line 1205

Open that page in a text editor and do a search for "Welcome to the CubeCart"

On my local computer, I scanned the cube cart folder with Dreamweaver for the text.

• 6 months later...

Found the "Welcome to the CubeCart" in lang_inc.php (on a different line no) but that worked ok.

Now where do I find the "Cubecart version" line on the administration page.

And also the "Cubecart tm" in the Browser title bar.

Have searched through many files but cannot find it - Would be grateful for any help please?