Password Request Keeps Failing?

Guest juddracing

i am having similar problems too.

Logged in fine but when i click on General settings,it all greys out apart from admin home and site home.

And the log in box appears.Even when i re- login,nothing changes.

If i click on Admin Home,it all comes back up,but as soon as i click anything in Store config,it greys out again.

Please help.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m using a webscript from my webhost version 3.0.15

After finish the install program it´s give me access to the main page of the CC, then i´m going to /admin/login.php page, i put the user and the password perfectly and then show me this page:

problemadminrp2.jpg

Then CC is inaccecible, doesn´t work index.php, nothing, until 10 or 20 minutes.

I try anything posible, change pass, reintaling, deleting my entire site and start over again. It´s the same.

Help me please.

PS: www.lamanchapaintball.com.ar is my site. Thanks

Guest juddracing

i am having similar problems too.

Logged in fine but when i click on General settings,it all greys out apart from admin home and site home.

And the log in box appears.Even when i re- login,nothing changes.

If i click on Admin Home,it all comes back up,but as soon as i click anything in Store config,it greys out again.

Please help.

still waiting for some help please !!!!

i need to get this sorted,i have international customers who are waiting!

• 1 month later...
Guest Yamabomber

Having the SAME issue "No Admin sessions found". Frustrating the hec out of me. I am out of the country and need to get this site finished. I have lost two days of work now.

I followed the md5.php instructions, no problem. I new my password already, changed it anyways.

My problem started when I enabled SSL, and gave a root directory for my secure site. the puplic path was wrong, I am sure of it.

Ever since I made that change I cannot log into my admin. I was getting closer to having the store complete, besides the stupid paypal express issues.. But now I cant log in.

I know some guys checked the cookies and firewalls. Didnt help me.

IS THERE A WAY TO DISABLE SSL WITHOUT LOGGING IN TO STORE ADMIN? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest roxie sweetheart

Password Request Keeps Failing? Help Please

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store.

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be.

Using notepad make a file with content:

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

3. Replace password with your desired password.

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver.

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output.

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

Hi there- can anyone explain to me how to use phpMyAdmin?? I downloaded it and unzipped it but then how do I use it?! Im so confused!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is to do with Firefox....well it was for me.

Change the privacy settings under Tools-Options-Privacy-Private Data deselect the options for cookies under Settings if you are clearing private data automatically.

Tried it just now it everything back to normal with accessing General Settings in CubeCart admin.

Marko

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sukidesu1

Hi. I've tried all the fixes that everyone has posted and I can't get into my account again. I was using firefox and cleared the cookies, disabled my firewalls and I got in. But an hour later, I couldn't get in again. Tried all the procedures again and I still can't get in. Can anyone help? I also tried with IE and it won't work.

• 4 months later...
Guest Eaglesoars

The quickest way to set new password up using myPhpAdmin

Step1: Open the myPhpAdmin, select the appropriate database and select the admin table rows.

step1.gif

Step2: Select the row with desidered admin username.

step2.gif

Step3: Select MD5 from function drop down, fill your new password and save settings.

step3.gif

Done <_<

Thank you very much I did it. The screen shots really helped. I was having trouble finding the phpmyadmin but it was in my MySQL data base and i needed to scroll down. lol

Sure am glad I did a search for "Failed Password" because this is exactly what I needed to do, thank you very much.

• 1 month later...
Guest JonHomer

Hi all,

I've got a similar problem to everyone else here however I have always had the no admin session found message at the login screen but it's never been a problem. In the last day when I try to log in I get

"Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /cubeshop/admin/login.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at elementalequine.co.uk Port 80"

I get a similar message if I try to use the password prompt funcion.

This seems to have happened since my host has had, and fixed a server disk problem.

To be honest I don't understand the fixes that are listed and if anyone here (convict / roban?) is prepared to have a look I would be very grateful.

My shop is located at www.elementalequine.co.uk/cubeshop

Hope someone can help

Jon

• 6 months later...

I'm having a problem with lost password request by customer. At first I thought maybe the reset password email to customer, went to his spam folder. When I tried to create new customer account and tried to request for lost password, the email didn't come.

Please help.

• 1 month later...

I'm also having a password problem, I have been through the MD5 thing and nothing changed....

When I go to the login screen it tells me 'No administration session was found' when I log in with the correct user and password I get this response..

MySQL Error Occured

1054: Unknown column 'failLevel' in 'where clause'

QUERY = SELECT adminId FROM CubeCart_admin_users WHERE username = 'plato' AND password = '0eb7e1f71etcetcetc AND failLevel < 5 AND blockTime < 1229230248

Can someone give me a solution to this? thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest mapasm2003

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store.

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be.

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

I have tried this but i cannot get phpmyadmin to work, i no nothing about databases and the "mcrypt" error i am getting when i try to run phpmyadmin?

• 3 months later...
Guest jamiejoe

I too need to know where to save the md5.php file on my webserver. I need help sooo bad, I've logged into myphpadmin and checked the password and it is correct for what I am entering. I have orders that cannot be processed because I NEED info off the Orders page. Please someone, help me. I'd be willing to send some money via PayPal to someone for the help.

Thanks,

Jamie

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

• 2 weeks later...

Step1: Open the myPhpAdmin, select the appropriate database and select the admin table rows.

step1.gif

step2.gif

Step3: Select MD5 from function drop down, fill your new password and save settings.

step3.gif

Done :rolleyes:

Worked perfect! Thanks convict!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wolffie

step3.gif

I have tried and tried but myPhpAdminlooks entirely different and I cannot find the ringed part in step 3 and mine does not say VARCHAR but VARBINAL.

I tried Roban's way but cannot get past

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output[

How do I upload it and how do I execute it?

Thanks

Wolffie

• 2 weeks later...

My customers have the same problems!

I`m doing this solution many times for my customers in the PHPMYADMIN...

Can someone help me out how to fix the issue with the login...

Guest estelle

Have you reminded customers to check their spam filter? The password emails are regularly caught by spam filters.

If they cannot locate the email, what you can do is edit the customer record and change the email address to one of your own email addresses, then use the Forgot Password feature before editing the customer record and changing the email address back. Then you can contact them and tell them the new password.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im having the same problem. Cant login. I keep requesting a new password and I keep not getting one. Dont know what to do but I do know Im attempting to run a 24 hour buisness but not receiving 24 hour support. I have looked at the suggestions above wich are over my head. I feel like cubecart has a problem and it needs to be fixed.

• 7 months later...
Guest CindyN

Hi folks,

I bought a CubeCart store website from Flippa, and have had no issues until someone made a purchase and I've tried to log in this morning.

I am having the same issue:

- when I first access the admin page, I get a "no administration session was found" message.

- I have forgotten my password, so I tried to use the reset function, which doesn't work.

- I've gone into PHPmyAdmin and have changed the administrator password using the methods suggested in here... login still fails.

I've also tried adding another administrator via PHPmyAdmin and I can't login with those details either. (Saying that I'm not very good with MySQL, so I might be doing it wrong... :))

I don't know what version of CubeCart the site is using - I've never used CubeCart before and I'm a little concerned that I can't fulfill orders!

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks,

Cindy

To get a new admin password, the email where you want the new password to be sent must exist in the admin_users table of the database. If it does, and before the email is sent, the new random password is MD5'd and the table record is updated. Then the email is sent. So, do you know if your store can send any emails at all? Try the Tell-a-Friend function to send something to yourself.

Has the IP address changed since you last logged on, or are you using a different browser, or are you on AOL? "No admin session found" with a logon screen is typical when you've logged-out or are apparently connecting from somewhere else.

Are you phpMyAdmin'ing the same database that your store is connecting to?

When you say the Admin login Reset Password function doesn't work, what do you observe to make you believe this is the case? Do you get the Password Reset Failed message?

Can you FTP to your site? If the requestPass.php file has become corrupted, you may need to upload a fresh copy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CindyN

To get a new admin password, the email where you want the new password to be sent must exist in the admin_users table of the database. If it does, and before the email is sent, the new random password is MD5'd and the table record is updated. Then the email is sent. So, do you know if your store can send any emails at all? Try the Tell-a-Friend function to send something to yourself.

Has the IP address changed since you last logged on, or are you using a different browser, or are you on AOL? "No admin session found" with a logon screen is typical when you've logged-out or are apparently connecting from somewhere else.

Are you phpMyAdmin'ing the same database that your store is connecting to?

When you say the Admin login Reset Password function doesn't work, what do you observe to make you believe this is the case? Do you get the Password Reset Failed message?

Can you FTP to your site? If the requestPass.php file has become corrupted, you may need to upload a fresh copy.

Hi bsmither, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am recieving emails from my store - when people buy items, and the ones I'm getting by people who are spamming my product ratings sections. :(

I last logged on from work, and now I am trying to get in from home, so yes, my IP addy is changing... does this make a difference?

Yup, the DB is the same one - I only have one DB on this hosting account which is store-specific.

I do get the Password Reset Failed message... a one liner in the top left-hand corner.

And finally, yes I can FTP to the site... where would I find a copy of the requestPass.php file on the off chance it had become corrupt?

Thanks again for your help!

Cindy

• 5 months later...
Guest Doctor Kyle

step1.gif

step2.gif

step3.gif

Done :D

I joined this forum just to post "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" for that walk through!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have tried all the solutions I found on the forum to reset my password, but none of them work. This was an excellent post and I appreciate you taking the time to do the step by step.

I am using CC 3.0.17 and PhPAdmin 3.3.8.1. I was able to go through the PhpAdmin and changed the password (MD5-fied first) and that didn't work. I then created a 2nd Admin user with a new email and password. That didn't work, and now I just used the steps on this post to change the password and it still doesn't work.

When I try to have the system send me the password, I always get a "Sorry but that email address was not found." error.

I spent quite some time on the site putting the items, descriptions and pictures and do not want to do a re-install.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

step1.gif

step2.gif

step3.gif

Done :D

I joined this forum just to post "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" for that walk through!