Removing Homepage Link

Guest rodc

Anybody know how to remove Homepage from the Shop by Category list for the Legend skin? I know how to change how it's named, but not how to remove it completely.

skins/Legend/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl

<!-- BEGIN: categories -->

<div class="boxTitleLeft">{LANG_CATEGORY_TITLE}</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

<ul>

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php" class="txtDefault">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

<!-- BEGIN: li -->

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId={DATA.cat_id}" class="txtDefault">{DATA.cat_name}</a></li>

<!-- END: li -->

<!-- BEGIN: sale -->

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;catId=saleItems" class="txtDefault">{LANG_SALE_ITEMS}</a></li>

<!-- END: sale -->

</ul>

</div>

<!-- END: categories -->

remove the red bit

no.. not this.. sorry u mistaking my meaning...

i mean

i wanna add 1 more link

custom link

and linked it to yahoo.com or what ever i want...

so how huh?

:sourcerer:

Just copy the bit in red, paste it just beneath, then change the link to whatever you want, and replace {LANG_HOME} with the name of your link. Do not use the curly brackets with your new name.

Also, here is some helpful info from one of the tutorials over at the .org forum:

So you want to change the “Homepage†links in CubeCart™ so that they point to a different page?

Changing the “Homepage†links is very easy, involving only minor changes in two or three files. You will need a basic familiarity with editing text files and with finding and uploading/downloading these files to and from your website.

It is important to keep a copy of all store files on your PC, in case you ever need to restore the entire store. I recommend doing this, as you also have immediate acces to files you need to alter from time to time, and only need to upload the altered files to the website each time.

Files to be Altered:

language/xx/lang.inc.php

includes/boxes/cart.inc.php

skins/xx/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl

(Note: Change the xx above the language abbreviation, and skin name, respectively that is appropriate for your store.)

1. Homepage Link in Categories List on the Store Homepage

To change this link, OPEN skins/xx/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl

FIND this code:

Classic or Legend skin:

http://www.mysite.com SAVE the file and UPLOAD the altered file to your webserver. 2. Hompage Link in Useful Links box on the Store’s Cart Pages To change this link, OPEN includes/boxes/cart.inc.php FIND this code:

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php" class="txtDefault">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

Killer skin:

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php" class="txtCat">{LANG_HOME}</a></td>

REPLACE index.php with the new link you wish to point to, example 
$links[] = array (

'link' => "index.php",

'text' => $lang['front']['boxes']['homepage']);

Please note that the code 'link' => "index.php", appears elsewhere in this file, but you need to change the one in the block above that calls for ‘homepage’ from the language file. Again, you simply replace index.php with the URL that you want the link to point to.

SAVE the file and UPLOAD the altered file to your webserver.

3. Do you wish to change the text, “Homepage�

If you also prefer to change the text “Homepage†so that it says “Home†or something else, you will need to alter the language file. This is the best method of making it consistent on both the store pages and the cart/registration pages.

To change this text, OPEN language/xx/lang.inc.php

At around line 1464 FIND the code:

'homepage' => "Homepage",

PLEASE NOTE that this code appears more than once in the file, and the line number will probably be very different for you . . . You need only change the code that appears below the section $lang['front']['boxes'] = array( and change only the part shown in red above!

Change Homepage to whatever you want the text to be for your new links.

SAVE the file and UPLOAD the altered file to your webserver.

That’s it! Please drop me a line if you found this tutorial helpful; also, if you have problems let me know, and if you have suggestions for improvement please let me know.

yes i understand this and i have try it....

but not this im askign to change homepage link ...

i want to add more link my own custom links

anyone know how to add more custom links ?

DID you bother to read the first part of my post?

Just copy the bit in red, paste it just beneath, then change the link to whatever you want, and replace {LANG_HOME} with the name of your link. Do not use the curly brackets with your new name.

In other words, LEAVE the homepage link, and COPY the homepage link, and PASTE COPIES of the homepage link below the original, then CHANGE the link URL's and the LINK NAMES!!

okie i do like u say......it appear new bullet and no menu name........

why?

im failed to add new menu item :sourcerer:

and 1 more thing.......... this menu must in pop-up to 200 x 150 size.

anyone can advice me? how to do this?

yea thank you.

www.my-ecard.biz is my site..

under contruction..... waiting for some good MOD to make customer easy to comunicate......

so u can check and reply me what the next step.....

:blink:

the bullet i do own ... hehe....

add 1 more class at style.css

All I see is a Legend skin - you wrote, "it appear new bullet and no menu name" but I do not see a bullet with no menu name . . .

I see a category box, with auto-generated categories, and then a second box you have added with some links in it. The second box has different styles (doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the site) and it also has some code that doesn't belong. The line,

<div class="boxFootLeft">&nbsp;</div>

That line is for the Killer skin, and it is meaningless with the Legend skin.

I thought you wanted to add some links into the existing category box, and that is what I was answering about. Having seen your site, I am not sure what your problem is or what your question relates to?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reb_76

Thanks for this thread - it was helpful in fixing my 'HomePage' problem.

However, in trying to add another link in the Killer skin, it will add the link, but will not put it in a new tab.

Here's the page: http://somethingnewcreations.com/store/index.php

And the code:

<td class="topCatsTabLeft">&nbsp;</td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="http://somethingnewcreations.com" class="txtCat">{LANG_HOME}</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php" class="txtCat">Catalog Home</a></td>

<td class="topCatsTabRight">&nbsp;</td>

Thanks for the help - I feel sure it's something stupid I'm doing!

• 6 months later...

Well, it looks like we missed a question from reb_76 back in August :)

I'm going to answer that one now, in case someone else with Killer skin finds this thread.

To add an extra Killer tab with custom link, you have to copy a whole block of code. Here is the block of code that makes the homepage tab:

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="index.php" class="txtCat">{LANG_HOME}</a></td>

You need to copy that entire block to make a new tab, and change the parts in red ~

<td class="topCatsTabMid"><a href="link.URL" class="txtCat">Link Name</a></td>