What file is equivalent to index.html?

Guest Codgerly

Guest Codgerly

Found much useful information, but for those of us with meager backgrounds in these matters, please advise precisely what file to try to open in CSS editors. One that gives me control of the shop mainpage view for changes, reskinnings? I am baffled, not having an index.html to deal with. This program is a great one for end users and those like me with little technical savvy, so with this additional information we will be in even better shape. Thanks.

This is a php cart, well-formed for the most part. The php and xhtml are kept separate by means of the XTemplate system.

The cart is deriven by php and MySQL db. The output is assigned to templates (.tpl files) which are found in the skin folders - these contain html and XTemplate code for php parsing.

Best way to edit these is with a good text editor rather than a wysiwyg program.

Best way to edit these is with a good text editor rather than a wysiwyg program.
agreed - and as further advice, a good free editor (not WYSIWYG but well done) can be downloaded from www.mpsoftwareweb.com.

After you install it, configure it so it edits CSS, TPL, PHP and JS.

Hope that helps,

Guest Koilagoon

Maybe a little simpler explanation is in order.

In your skins folder, find the skin you are working with.

There are some subfolders there.

stylesheets has the files you would edit in a CSS editor. You can edit things like column width, colors, fonts, padding, lots of other stuff in the two files (typically layout.css is for layout and style.css if for colors, fonts etc).

The .tpl files under styletemplates allow you to add, remove or change whole parts of the page. For instance if you wanted to add a new box, or you wanted to remove one whole table from the skin completely.

May I also ask a question relating to this?

I can see that "index.html" is dynamically generated using the relevant skin, stylesheets, the index.tpl template and certain XTemplate Tags.

However when I look at the rendered page I can see that these XTemplate tags (for example {PAGE_CONTENT}) are also templates. But I cannot see (for example) a page_content.tpl file containing all of the HTML/CSS calls rendered by the {PAGE_CONTENT} tag.

There does CC3 store the HTML template code of each of the XTemplate tags?

Thanks in advance/Jules