Tax Issue

Guest Funkilicious

Guest Funkilicious

Hi all

I have uploaded the Australia post module which is working perfectly after a few tweaks offered by fellow forumers.

What I now have is on the invoice that is sent to the customer the following lines

item - $11.00

subtotal $11.00

tax - $1.00 (which is showing the tax portion 10% of the sale price)

postage $4.60 (which is direct from Australia post website site using Ben Logan's module)

Grand Total - $15.60

My problem is I need the tax component of the postage to be included in the tax total and preferably set up as follows

item - $11.00

Subtotal - $11.00

Postage - $4.60

Tax included in above figues - $1.42

Grand Total $ 15.60

Is there a way to get around this??

Also I would prefer if I could rename shipping and tax to postage and gst - where do I go about finding this information and which file do I change

Sorry for so many questions but trying to fine tune and still learning PHP

Thanks

Guest Funkilicious

As well as the above problem

I have an issue whereby I am using paypal ipn for my credit card transactions and for some reason when the information is sent to paypal the totals actually add the tax into the figues.

i.e

item - $11.00 (inclusive of gst)

sub total - $11.00

gst - $1.00 (this to show the component of tax in the pricing

shipping - $4.60

total - $15.60

but what is being sent to paypal is

subtotal - $12.00

shipping - $4.60

total - $16.60

has anyone come across this problem

• 1 month later...

I'm afraid I can't support 3rd party modules.

Al, it's not a 3rd party mod, the problem they are talking about is that Paypal auto adds sales tax to orders in your own state (for me, from customers in Florida) and since the cart also does this for all orders, when someone uses Paypal to pay, it actually charges the sales tax twice.

I've just refunded the customer the tax amount via Paypal, but ultimately, the cart should not add sales tax if Paypal is selected as the payment method. That way, Paypal would calculate the sales tax and the double charge would be elminated.

Of course, the cart needs to add sales tax for other payment methods like Credit card, mail order, etc. But if there is a way to take the sales tax out when the cart transfers to Paypal, it would solve the problem.

Hope that explains it better.

Is there not an option in paypal on this.. I dont se any reason for paypal to add this sins it is normaly done in the shop.

Maybe it is the data that is pushed over to paypal that are set incorrect. ie wrong variable or somthing like that.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a 2 way problem...

The fist one is that tax handling with CC is no good, and there is no tax handeling on the freight part.

The other one is the tax that paypal add. That i would think is eighter a problem with the variables CC send to paypal or an option in paypal to turn off.