Error uploading category pics

rowdyplace

Just used fantastico to install CC3 3.0.12. Install went fine. Able to view store. However, when attempting to upload a Catergory picture, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home2/veetsbar/public_html/clean/classes/gd.inc.php on line 49

Is this a CC3 "file permissions -777- problem, etc., or a faulty Fantastico installer?

Probably neither is the case.

Check the file extension of the image you are uploading and the GD version your host supports. It should be GD2.

In your classes directory there is a gd.inc.php file. make sure your extension is supported and if not, add it or change your image file type. By default jpeg, png and gif are supported but CC only makes thumbnails from jpg.

Also make sure your image directory is at lease 755.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using .jpg images... In fact, I have been playing with CC3 for a few days, and I have several installations on 2 different servers. (All for development/testing. (Playing with mods and flash headers...) I have one up and running store and it's been on CC2 for over a year. I'm getting prepared to take it to CC3) I have used the same images for testing several times on several test installations.

One server installs 3.0.10 via Fantistico, and this installation works ok. After I manually upgrade to .11 and then .12 all is still well.

Naturally the server I want the real store on is the one giving me trouble. It offers CC 3.0.12 via Fantastico.

The permissions you mentioned were 755, I even set them to 777 and same pblm...

Unless someone gleans somthing specific from the error message, I will probably charge this off to Fantastico and try a manual installation...I'll lurk around for a couple more hours to see if the right answer is submitted...

• 2 weeks later...