Error message uploading pictures

rowdyplace

Using my server's fantastico product, I get a clean installation of CC3 3.0.12.

As I begin setting up the store, I add a catagory and a picture (jpg file). I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home2/veetsbar/public_html/clean/classes/gd.inc.php on line 49

Any solution?

Maybe I have found a clue or even a solution...

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....amp;#entry95905

Look at the very last entry (by russkin):

I am new at this php thing but reading on the net I found that if you put @ infront ot the line

to make it liike this @$this->img["src"] = ImageCreateFromGIF ($imgfile); it worked for me.

I don't know what the @ sign does, but it worked!!

This seems to work for me...But, I am still testing...

I hate to answer my own post...I'm just not smart enough.

Yucel:

Did you use Fantastico to install 3.0.12, or did you do it manually?

If manually, did you upgrade from a previous version?

Mine is a fresh (several times...) installation using Fantastico.

Yeah, I did it manually on the server. I uploaded each and every file directly from my computer, and had a clean install too, but it turned out nasty. ;)

I'm seeking help in a few other places as well, if I can get an answer I'll post it here so that you can also fix yours. You do the same please.

Cheers, and good luck.

Yucel:

Did you use Fantastico to install 3.0.12, or did you do it manually?

If manually, did you upgrade from a previous version?

Mine is a fresh (several times...) installation using Fantastico.

Yeah, I did it manually on the server. I uploaded each and every file directly from my computer, and had a clean install too, but it turned out nasty. :)

I'm seeking help in a few other places as well, if I can get an answer I'll post it here so that you can also fix yours. You do the same please.

Cheers, and good luck.

Oh you found something, cool, I'll check/try that out momentarily.

Further testing indicates that this "fix" seems to add more problems than it fixes.

After editing the gd.inc.php file with the leading "@", the initial error goes away, and I get the following results:

Categorys - I am now able to add a Category, and upload a picture (.jpg) error free. But, I then must use the edit Category function to attach the picture to the category. (In my 3.0.10 installation, this is one fluid automatic action all done by CC3 programs. Here I must take the steps seperately. But, it does seem to work. I wind up at the page: http://www.mydomain.com/cart/admin/categories/index.php, and everything is displayed OK.

Products - Attempting to add product and a picture, or attempting to add a picture to an existing product both send me out in the weeds...I wind up looking at http://www.mydomain.com/cart/admin/products/index.php which is a pure blank page. No errors. just a lot of white space. Recovering from this (re visiting the site on the internet) shows that the process did not complete since there is not a picture associated with the product.

Mods: If this is getting too detailed I will be glad to provide the real url and login data for you to look deeper. This is now just a test bed installation to resolve this problem. PM me if interested.

Guest AlaskanWeb

I did a Fantastico intall of 3.0.12 [security-Patched-1] and I'm getting this error, no matter what version of GD I have it set too.

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(.../public_html/shop/images/uploads/0006.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (.../:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /.../public_html/shop/admin/filemanager/upload.php on line 104

Would love to fix this as this appears to be the best shopping cart software in Fantastico.

Your error is generating different error messages than mine did. I don't think they are related.

I resolved my issues with the file gd.inc.php by using a different server host.

I am working with the first server hosting company to resolve their server setup problem(s).

Mods...help...