Adding images...

Guest simplyequine

Guest simplyequine

Hi all

Just installed CubeCart today and so far very happy. I have managed to modify my logo and add images to the product description. However I can't work out how to change the image on the front page, the image called thumb_nophoto.gif which is an image saying "no image available". The same image also appears in the product listing.

How do I replace that image?

Thanks!

Guest garysmith

The thumbnails should be produced autmagically when you upload your image, if you are doing that through the admin panel.

If you are using the admin panel for this and not getting thumbnails then do a search for tumbs or thumbnails in the forum search. I remember seeing a couple of posts from people who had this problem so you should find your solution.

All the best

Gary

Guest simplyequine

Hi, I did a search but nothing matches my query.

I am sure it is a very simple thing, but I cannot work it out.

I can upload each individual image per product, but on the 'latest products' bit on the main page it doesn't show up as a thumbnail. It has the standard image.

Someone must be able to help as surely someone else has encountered this problem?

Thanks!

Guest simplyequine

I think my problem may be down to not being able to chmod my thumbnail folder to 777. For some reason my FTP program (I have tried FTPeel and Fetch) will not chmod my folders as it's says the directory doesn't exist. I don't really know how to solve but I have thought of a possible way round it.

Is it possible to change the path to the thumbnails so if I create a new directory with the thumbails in, it will pull the images from there? If so, which page do I edit to do this?

Thanks.

Hi :)

1) the following folders need to have 777 permissions: images/uploads and images/uploads/thumbs

2) GD must be running on the server

3) GD version settings in your ACP should match GD version running on the server

Yea, what he said...

I experienced a similiar problem last week. My resolution was to change hosting companys. The first one did not have GD running on their server. Setting GD to N/A (CC3 admin settings) stopped any CC3 error messages I was getting while adding an image to a product, but I never could get the thumbnails created.

Do a search on phpinfo.php. This is a simple (3 line) program you can build and upload to the CC3 "root" and execute to get your server details. If you cannot see a "GD" entry in the resulting report , your gonna need to contact your server host. I'm still waiting for mine to figure it out, so, I just used another server hosting company.

The script can be used before you even install CC as a pre-installtion test :)

These are posted on the main CubeCart page and is something we can all read. :)

Requirements:

PHP 4.1.1 + (Scripting Language)

MySQL 3.23 + (Database Server)

GD 1.6 + (Image Library) Optional in v3

Linux / Unix recommended

So you can still run the script and see the info :D

As far as i know the permissions cannot be wrong ( unless you change them later ) since it will not allow you to install CC in the first place. :(

Ask your hosting provider if GD is enabled thats the easyest thing to do :)

Guest simplyequine

Hiya, thanks very much for the help!

I checked my GD version which is version bundled (2.0.12 compatible), so version 2.

It is also enabled on my webhosting. I went into my general settings on the admin of my store and changed it to allow gif support.

Unfortunately the thumbnails still don't work :)

I am stuck though as I was able to install cubecart no problem without the chmod so don't see why this is a problem?

Anyone got any more ideas?

Check your CC3 admin page to see that "GD = 2".

If you uploaded images before you had the GD settings set correctly, then the thumbnails were probably not created. Try adding a test category and test product and upload new test images to each.

Also, go to your images/thumbs folder to see if they exist. Also to see if they are now being created.

@ Vrakas, hmm, hope I didn't touch a sore spot? :(

My only goal here is to help the member with the least fuss and confusion.

Point is, simplyequine has access to his ACP and is working on image uploads, he already has a link to info.php in ACP without creating and uploading files, etc. Also, who can say how? Some people change their file permissions or their webhost changes their file permissions or fantastico changes their file permissions - or not. But it is a fact that images/uploads and images uploads/thumbs must be set to 777 or you will have write/creation problems.

@ simplyequine - All the images I see at the site, for your products, are the "Image Not Available" images with the horse's head :) ?

If you would like for me to test this image problem for you, contact me by PM so we can arrange site access.

Guest simplyequine

Hi, just to let everyone know that I have FINALLY been able to get my thumbnails sorted!

It must have been the setting in Admin that were wrong as my thumbnails are now created no problem.

Big thanks to everyone who offered their help - it was much appreciated :)