Making payments for stored orders

Guest on_way_to_fame

Guest on_way_to_fame

Hi,

I have recently discovered a problem with CC, that i wasn't aware of. Lets suppose a customer places an order, and for some reason doesn't make the payment. Now, when we follow up on the order to request payment, they go back to their "Account info", check their order history, and it shows order details, but no link to make payment..which means, they will need to add those items to their basket again, which can be quite tedious (especially in case of wholesale stores like mine)..is there a way, they can see a payment link, so that they can come back at a later time, and finish their payment?

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently discovered a problem with CC, that i wasn't aware of. Lets suppose a customer places an order, and for some reason doesn't make the payment. Now, when we follow up on the order to request payment, they go back to their "Account info", check their order history, and it shows order details, but no link to make payment..which means, they will need to add those items to their basket again, which can be quite tedious (especially in case of wholesale stores like mine)..is there a way, they can see a payment link, so that they can come back at a later time, and finish their payment?

Thanks

Hi - I also think this would be a good idea.

Some people get confused by the jump to PayPal, and sometimes a quick email is enough to re-assure them to purchase.

Currently, I have to ask them to re-order.... Pretty pointless when they have their order on the system.

Jason

I see this too.

I could be wrong here - but are the shopping cart contents somehow kept track of with a cookie? I noticed that if a customer loads his cart, then logs on from a different machine, the cart contents are no longer there.

Could that be the issue here?

Saying that - it would be nice for there to be a 'checkout' option for orders that are still pending under the order history.

• 10 months later...