Scared of 3.0.13..

Guest ColeFlournoy

Guest ColeFlournoy

Hey guys,

I was wondering where 3.0.13 was and did some blog reading on the progress which basically says that some major security upgrades are being completed and the paypal module is going to be completely rebuilt with the new paypal SDK.

If any of you’ll remember back to the early paypal module problems -- you're probably scared like me. Security upgrades are always a welcome addition --- but I heavily rely on paypal and am getting worried about possible upcoming problems and if I should switch to 3.0.13 when it become available or not (because of the brand new paypal module that will be implemented). If we are lucky, hopefully in 3.0.13 we will have an option to use the current paypal module or the new version – and then in 3.0.14 they could do any with the currently used module.

Any thoughts on this?

PayPal SDK Update 3.0.13 & 3.1.0

October 5th, 2006

As part of the security audit the PayPal SDK requires to have unused files removed. PayPal have told me the best way to go about this is to use the latest SDK which is far tidier apparently.

Currently I am rebuilding the PayPal API gateways which will be included in 3.1.0 and 3.0.13. I will post the new modules in the forums for those who want to try it prior to the next release. Hopefully these will be completed today or tomorrow.

Guest ColeFlournoy

Have you noticed any new features such as credit card errors or billing info submission to paypal (so you see the customers info when you view your account at paypal.com).

I've got mods for both of those setup currently, so if those are included I will have to unmod my current paypal mods.

Only PayPal API has been rebuilt. This is Express Checkout and Direct Payment. PayPal STD & IPN hasn't changed apart from the fact the return link will now be sent with IPN too. That means the auto return feature of PayPal must be switched off.

There is no need for concern as by uploading the new API directly over the old one will be all that is required to upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ColeFlournoy

Only PayPal API has been rebuilt. This is Express Checkout and Direct Payment. PayPal STD & IPN hasn't changed apart from the fact the return link will now be sent with IPN too. That means the auto return feature of PayPal must be switched off.

There is no need for concern as by uploading the new API directly over the old one will be all that is required to upgrade.

I have been trying to get IPN to work as a backup to Paypal Pro, however - it is not working correctly. If I turn off the auto return feature of payal. I don't get sent anywhere, it just stops at the paypal page that says thank you for your payment. The order does get set to processing in cubecart, however no e-mail is sent, as the user is never sent back to the ordersuccess page that generates the e-mail.