Add Sub Categories to Homepage

Guest Amit_k

Hi,

I need some help.. I need to add a box similar to legend skin category box to the killer skin(which is already available and discussed in other posts)....But I want to include Both Main categories and Sub Categories in this box...Like a tree structure..please provide me the link if any free mod available for this feature...

Thank you in advance..

If a free mod is available for this I am not aware of it. Furthermore, links are not allowed here, whether to free or paid mods, tutorials, etc.

I and others have discussed how to do such things though, here and in .org forum in various posts . . .

Easiest way I think is to assign a categories2.inc.php in the store root index.php under boxes (have a look at that file, you'll figure it out).

Then, copy includes/boxes/categories.inc.php and use as a guide to make a categories2.inc.php with XTemplate assigned as categories2.tpl. Change the SQL query to pull subcats as well as cats, etc. in this file.

Then, get a copy of skins/Legend/styleTemplates/boxes/categories.tpl and edit this to show a Killer-style box with .boxFoot division, etc. - rename this file as categories2.tpl and put it in your skin's floder . . . skins/xx/styleTemplates/boxes/categories2.tpl

Finally, add {CATEGORIES2} to your skins/xx/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

It goes without saying,

BACKUP YOUR STORE FILES SO YOU CAN RESTORE EVERYTHING TO ORIGINAL IN CASE YOU MESS SOMETHING UP.