need help on the setup of the main page

gospelsinger

Easy enough.

LEGEND

In the Legend skin, the logo is part of an image called topHeader.jpg, size 756 X 116 px, located in skins/Legend/styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.jpg

Example:

topHeader.jpg

The logo image is referenced in layout.css at #topHeader, located in skins/Legend/styleSheets/layout.css

topHeader.gif The logo image is referenced in layout.css at #topHeader, located in skins/Killer/styleSheets/layout.css contentBg.jpg The logo image is referenced in layout.css at #pageSurround, located in skins/Classic/styleSheets/layout.css

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 116px;

margin-bottom: 10px;

padding-right: 9px;

padding-top: 0px;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.jpg);

border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;

}

KILLER

In the Killer skin, the logo is part of an image called topHeader.gif, size 165 X 96 px, located in skins/Killer/styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif

Example:

#topHeader {

text-align: right;

height: 100px;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/topHeader.gif);

background-repeat: no-repeat;

}

CLASSIC

In the Classic skin, the logo is part of an image called contentBg.jpg, size 355 X 599 px, located in skins/Classic/styleImages/backgrounds/contentBg.jpg

Example:

#pageSurround {

width: 748px;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

border: 2px solid #333333;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/contentBg.jpg);

background-repeat: no-repeat;

background-position: left top;	

}

- More notes from the tutorial I'm developing */*

Nice tutorial Mark.

The files are images and they reside in your skins/your skin/styleImages/backgrounds folder. You can either download the ones on your server by FTP, edit and upload it or make your own. In the case of Legend skin, make a new image that is 756 X 116 px, put your grass and lawnmower images in it, name it topHeader.jpg and overwrite the original image. How you make your image is a topic for another forum. I use Photoshop but you can use any good graphics editor.

Nice tutorial Mark.

The files are images and they reside in your skins/your skin/styleImages/backgrounds folder. You can either download the ones on your server by FTP, edit and upload it or make your own. In the case of Legend skin, make a new image that is 756 X 116 px, put your grass and lawnmower images in it, name it topHeader.jpg and overwrite the original image. How you make your image is a topic for another forum. I use Photoshop but you can use any good graphics editor.

are there any free programs out there that will make a header image ????? just thought i would ask this

Guest kaskudoo

i meant that, if there is someone having too much free time, then there might be a chance that someone can do a header for ya.

usually you would hire a graphic designer, but i did mine myself (i do have quite some experience though)

do you have any idea for your logo already?

i meant that, if there is someone having too much free time, then there might be a chance that someone can do a header for ya.

usually you would hire a graphic designer, but i did mine myself (i do have quite some experience though)

do you have any idea for your logo already?

a picture of some grass and a lawnmower near a house with mountain scenery behind the lawnmower

Guest rick burgess

are there any free programs out there that will make a header image ????? just thought i would ask this

Although it doesn't sound like you have very much experience in this area, to answer your question you can look at The Gimp. It is a free alternative to Adobe's Photoshop, although the two hardly compare.

Hope that helps,

-Jared