Trying to Move CatTabs up under logo/ make drop down menu

Guest On the Ground Performance LLC

Guest On the Ground Performance LLC

Hello-

I have been trying to edit my store, but I can't get rid of this gap between my logo and the cat tab where all the categories are listed. I just want to move this up- unless anyone knows a way to have the categories listed vertically on the left side of the store?

Also- I would like to have drop down menus for the categories not product options. I would like it if on the main page of the store, when you hover over the main category, a drop down menu would come down instead of having to click on the main category to see all the subs.

Here is a link to the homepage www.onthegroundperformance.com

And here is a link to the store www.onthegroundperformance.com/store/

I want the store to look like the main page, but I am not used to the store set up so any input on how to make the store (for lack of a better word) look cooler- I would really appreciate.

Thanks so much!!!!!

There are free and commercial mods available to help you do some of this, and there is a pinned post that also will offer some help. Changing categories in the way you describe requires some code modifications. I know of commercial mods that will do that, see http://cubecart.org/

As to changing the look of your store - all that is controlled withing the skins/ folder of the store. Browse through the skins folder, look at the folders and file structures of the three stock skins.

styleTemplates contains .tpl files, and you can edit these with a basic knowledge of html. styleSheets contains the stylesheets, you can edit these with elementary knowledge of CSS

Guest kaskudoo

markscarts is right, read the pinned post, especially the section how to move the cat tab to the side.

i did the same thing and it isn't that hard, took me a few hours to understand everything though.

since you use DIVs on your main page and no tables, you are probably familiar with positioning techniques relying on css .... well everything in cubecart gets styles with css and i did the whole cubecart layout also in css.

your logo is barely readable in firefox (pc) and you want to move it up?

are you designing the site with firefox in mind primarily or not with IE (the latter would be a bad idea)