Choosing other languages for products and documents

Guest shereen

Guest shereen

hi, there, i know how to choose a different language (ie, via the "Add New" function); but once i choose another language, how do i view it? i only see the default english every time. is it not possible for me to view all the other languages i've chosen? i've chosen french, spanish, and chinese.

--s--

www.splashgearusa.com

• 2 weeks later...

s it not possible for me to view all the other languages i've chosen? i've chosen french, spanish, and chinese.

Change back to one of the default templates. You'll see a drop down box to select the available languages.

Select a different language.

Every field in your default language for which you have provided a translation into the new language will now show that new, translated text.

J

Guest shereen

thanx! for your reply, i appreciate your time; however, i wasn't sure what you meant in your post.

i have already chosen a different language from the drop down menu. i just don't see the translation itself, i only see the default (english) original text. is it not possible for me to see the translated text in my admin panel? i just want to make sure that the function for choosing a different language worked, but how do i confirm that?

once again, i already chose the language from the drop down menu (and saved that change). now what?...

--s--

Guest salsababy

When you go into Admin and change your default language while saving your settings, you not seeing the conversion through out the Admin and storefront? The first thing is to dump your browser cache and refresh the screen to allow the changes to take place. I don't have any issues with mine, so I don't really know what else to suggest.

hi, there, i know how to choose a different language (ie, via the "Add New" function); but once i choose another language, how do i view it? i only see the default english every time. is it not possible for me to view all the other languages i've chosen? i've chosen french, spanish, and chinese.

--s--

www.splashgearusa.com

You choose a different language via "Add New" function, then you must translate the language - that is, you add the new description in the language you have chosen for site docs, categories, products, etc. than save the translated text.

Then, in the store front end, you need to add back the language box, so you can choose the language at the store front.

Another matter, I see you have a splash page with notice, "Best viewed in IE 6"

This may be fine, but better practice is to design the site for all browsers. There are a few problems viewing in both IE 6 and FireFox (box tops and borders)

Guest shereen

Another matter, I see you have a splash page with notice, "Best viewed in IE 6"

This may be fine, but better practice is to design the site for all browsers. There are a few problems viewing in both IE 6 and FireFox (box tops and borders)

please see my new post in the skins & templates forum.

thanx!!

--s--