a couple of problems.

Guest Owain

Hi!

I have been modifying my Legend skin and making it look and feel like my new main site. The problem I am having it as follows :

On the header I have a transparent .png file which works fine on my main site but when I place the image in to the template folder it does not show up BUT if I change the URL to point to the main site version it works without a problem. Now I have checked the path is correct and that the file is saved in the correct folder so why wont it show?

The other problem I have is I have created some new <div> tags and placed the CSS in to the layout.css file, saved it and uploaded it to the website. I have modified the index.tpl with these new <div> and also uploaded that file to the correct place and it shows the text which I have placed in to the div along with the new header image but the CSS doesnt seem to format my text. It all very strange.

Is there something I am doing wrong in the template file?

O.

. . . Now I have checked the path is correct and that the file is saved in the correct folder so why wont it show?

. . . Is there something I am doing wrong in the template file?

Please, we need a little more help from you in order to answer; mainly:

1. Link to your site

2. What is the path to the png image that doesn't show?

If you give a link and a few more details, I'm sure we can help you with some of this :)

Sorry,

Link to my site : www.tractionkiting.co.uk/shop/

The image at the top just now is linked directly via http://www.tractionkiting.co.uk/test_site/images/tktext.png but I did have it pointing too http://www.tractionkiting.co.uk/shop/skins...unds/tktext.png but it wouldnt work for some reason.

My "Promoting Traction Kiting in Scotland" text doesnt seem to format at all, if you look at the www.tractionkiting.co.uk/test_site/ you will see what I want it to look like, I also want to make the header image in the shop change on a page refresh like my test_site does.

If anyone can help it would be great.

Owain.

Thank you for offering more info.

This image does not exist:

http://www.tractionkiting.co.uk/shop/skins...unds/tktext.png

Clicking the link gives a 404 error

By contrast, click this link:

http://www.tractionkiting.co.uk/shop/skins...s/topHeader.jpg

I know you wrote that you had checked over this, but please check again. Make sure the image tktext.png is spelled exactly that way, including capitalization. Make sure it is located in Legend/styleImages/backgrounds

Presently, it is not there, so again there is no way to help you. I can view a list of what is located there:

http://www.tractionkiting.co.uk/shop/skins...es/backgrounds/

As you can see, tktext.png is not there.

---------

Next issue, text formatting: The text is not "formatting" the way you wish, because you have not formatted it in the stylesheet. The text is in the id="promotingtext" division, but that id selector in stylesheet does not specify a font-family:

#promotingtext {

position:relative;

padding-left:35px;

text-align: left;

color:#ffffff;

font-size:12px;

}

Therefore, you get the browser default (usually times or palatino) - you have specified a white color, a size 12px and a text-align: left; and all this formatting appears to be working.

----------

You need to determine what type of script is used in the first site for changing the header, then incorporate it into the store - or create a new script in CubeCart to do the same thing. For this, you may need the help of a coding professional, check out the third-party store providers at cubecart.org

Sorry for wasting your time. I must have been half asleep the last time I tried it and never looked at it again when I was awake.

Everything seems to be working now, just need to work on the random image but cant see that being a problem.

Thanks again,

O.

no problem, we all make our mistakes - the only waste t me is folk asking questions and not giving us the info needed to answer :D

Probably won't remember your url next time, so if you have anymore issues you'd like us to look at, please give a link in your first post and a good explanation of the problem.

All is good in CubeCart land */*

Well I have been working on the shop last night and I have finally got it looking exactly like my new design ;) Just need to get the php random header working, will give this a go today if I get 10mins to myself :D

Thanks again.

O.