credit card question

Guest riceman67

Guest riceman67

I have a client and He does not want to charge the credit cards then and there, he wants to recieve the orders

and then process them when he fills them at the wharehouse. Is this possible?

I have a client and He does not want to charge the credit cards then and there, he wants to recieve the orders

and then process them when he fills them at the wharehouse. Is this possible?

Yes, this is how you are actually supposed to do it. Proper payment gateways will allow you to do this such as WorldPay. However bear in mind that the original online authorisation will expire by about day 5 so you need to be ready to deliver and then perform the capture before then.

Otherwise you could pre auth the transaction, take a deposit even, and then auth and capture at a later point when you are ready to fulfill the order

Guest Brivtech

Is this possible?

Yes!

What he's doing is manual credit card processing. He needs to be able to securely capture the credit card details, and then he'll run them through his credit card terminal at his warehouse. It's quite common place. I do it myself with my import business. It's handy because although I have my product range on view, I may or may not be able to dispatch particular items depending on whether the item is out of stock, and whether the order is worth holding for a day or two if there's more stock due in on the next delivery.

He should be aware that chargebacks made by this method may be harder to resolve depending on the card services company he's with. This is because it's a customer not present manual transaction. Mine asks for numerical information to help determine that the cardholder is correct, such as house number, and postcode numerics.

To start, use the Mals-e payment gateway. Their gateway service allows the card details to be captured securely when the order is placed, in much the same way that a payment gateway works. The difference is that the customer won't be charged and your client will need to logon to Mals to retrieve the payment information.

There has been a manual payment processing MOD available for CubeCart, but you should consider any security implications. If your client's shop was hacked because of a security flaw in the MOD, or because of a brute force hacking attempt, then all of your client's customer details could be stolen, and used fraudulently. Consider the potential (Although slim change) of the risk, and weight it up with the convenience.

Is this possible?

Yes!

What he's doing is manual credit card processing. He needs to be able to securely capture the credit card details, and then he'll run them through his credit card terminal at his warehouse.

Hmmm....

eCommerce CNP transactions processed as CP or MOTO not strictly within card scheme rules. Probably not got a terminal either

Guest Brivtech

Hmmm....

eCommerce CNP transactions processed as CP or MOTO not strictly within card scheme rules. Probably not got a terminal either

Webspinning, stop confusing the issue. What I explained states that the transaction is made as a customer NOT present transaction. I didn't mention anything about processing the transactions as customer present - That would not be permitted, and is why I never suggested it. In fact, to push the point further, if anyone processes a transaction as customer present, and their customer is NOT physically present, if a chargeback arises, you could also lose your card account.

What I suggested is quite common and certainly is allowed with all the card schemes I've come across, hence with my existing one, they require address verification.