Where is the count kept?

I did search.

I found that there is supposedly a "quirk" that keeps the count from being correct and there are various fixes.l I just want to know how the count is calculated. What is it reading? I deleted all the items and it retained the count. I looked in various tables.

I know one "fix" is to remove the count token from the template, but I was really interested in know where in the database I missed something.

Thank you.

For each category, there is a "noProducts" field in the category table. This is supposed to be how many products are in the cat. However, if you should delete a product from the database and that value is not decremented, it will be off. That's why I wrote a script ages ago called "fixCatCount". It goes through and makes sure that all the cats show the proper number of products.

:)

For each category, there is a "noProducts" field in the category table. This is supposed to be how many products are in the cat. However, if you should delete a product from the database and that value is not decremented, it will be off. That's why I wrote a script ages ago called "fixCatCount". It goes through and makes sure that all the cats show the proper number of products.

:blink:

Is the script free?