Fatal error using Paypal express checkout

cubehelper

All,

I got the API username and API password from Paypal and enable the Paypal Express Checkout. When I tried to test it out, I got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SOAP_Fault::getAck() in

/export/home/cu/cubehelper.com/public_html/modules/gateway/ExpressCheckout/transfer.inc.php on line 114

I'm using the latest version of cubecart v3.14.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi this issue occurs when there is no "cURL with SSL support" in the hosting environment.

Please ask your host if they can recompile PHP with enable it.

The host has tested this and says it is supported.

Any other ideas?

Guest WeaponX

Hello,

I have CubeCart Ver 3.0.14. I also got the error above when using Paypal Express. I also get this when using the Paypal Direct payment after clicking on the "Go Now!" button. The Express problem occurs as soon as you choose that option and press "Continue".

When I accepted my account with my hosting company they said I had SSL support. I am checking this now again to make sure.

I have made sure that the chmod on all the folders and they are as stated from Al.

Has anyone tested the chmod and did this fix it for them?

Thanks,

Mark G

Guest kaskudoo

yeah, i had the issue one time, where the wrong permissions gave me that error.

also, the host might say that SSL is supported, but the question is if they have Curl with SSL support enabled and running.

also make sure the host is not behind a proxy - that happened to me once and i couldn't connect to paypal for direct payment

Guest WeaponX

Turns out everything was good on my providers end. What was the problem was using the Direct Payment and Express Checkout. I now use Standard and IPN after following this link.

I tested it and every thing works as it should. When I was getting the GetAck errors I was trying to work through the Sandbox. I gave up on that and made the 0.01 costing item. Little bit of fine tuning the "fluff" and my store is up and running.

Thanks for all the help from these forums.